U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:55 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,355,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I don't have big boobs, but I wear comfortable bras, period. No point in walking around all day in something that's itchy lace or poky underwire or accomplishes nothing. If I feel the need to impress a significant other, I put on the pretty bra for the bedroom. (Same goes for underwear.)

(Not like I've ever been with a guy who worries what *I* think of *his* undies, anyway...)

And especially when HIS main goal is to get you naked. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 11:23 AM

7,211 posts, read 6,567,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post

I'm curious if any other ladies with larger breasts prefer to wear sports bras on a daily basis rather than a regular more pretty bra?.......

Yes. I decided my options were to either wear sports bras or to get breast reductions or mastectomies. I chose the sports bras because it's less physically traumatizing. I'm not trying to impress other people with my boobs so it was a really easy decision to make. Besides which, half the time I go braless anyway because that is the most comfortable for me.

The only time I wear the "regular" pretty, lacy, girly, ego boosting, over-priced, underwired, impractical, pinching, bruising, sweat and rash inducing, binding, painful torture instruments is if it's for a very special occasion under a very special dress and it's only going to be for 2 or 3 hours at the very most.

Thanks for the tip about the "LIVI Active" sports bras at Lane Bryant.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:10 PM

6,034 posts, read 13,125,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
She said she already had fittings at Nordstrom and it didn't work for her.
Thank you, yes. I have literally had fittings in every place imaginable. There is even a specialty place in the city where I live where there is a lady who is known for doing really good fittings. She helped me and again came up with the same results that I have had at the fittings I've had in other places, states, and even France at a fancy French lingerie shop. My size is pretty spot-on and in this sports bra I went up one band size because my regular band size felt too snug even on the last row of clasps, but the cup size stayed DD.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Yes. I decided my options were to either wear sports bras or to get breast reductions or mastectomies. I chose the sports bras because it's less physically traumatizing. I'm not trying to impress other people with my boobs so it was a really easy decision to make. Besides which, half the time I go braless anyway because that is the most comfortable for me.

The only time I wear the "regular" pretty, lacy, girly, ego boosting, over-priced, underwired, impractical, pinching, bruising, sweat and rash inducing, binding, painful torture instruments is if it's for a very special occasion under a very special dress and it's only going to be for 2 or 3 hours at the very most.

Thanks for the tip about the "LIVI Active" sports bras at Lane Bryant.

Totally relate! The only person I care about impressing with my boobs is my husband, and well he is fairly easy to please. lol So I relate to what you said. I hope you can find it and it works for you, too.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I am not as large as you, but I have worn sports bras on a daily basis. I find them comfortable. They do have some now that I wouldn't wear to workout in, but they look better than the "uniboob" bra.

Have you checked out Title Nine? Their bra selection is amazing. They have bras that can go from work to workout and even regular bras. I used their online size calculator and came up with a size I didn't expect, but the bra fit like a glove. You can return things for a full year, but the only downfall is you have to pay for return shipping. I think they have a few retail stores though, if you are lucky enough to live in that area.

TomboyX also has good bras for larger sizes. I bought one on sale and can't believe how comfy it is.

Personally, the more of my day that is braless, the better lol
Thanks for those recommendations, I will check them out!

Old 06-14-2019, 03:25 PM

817 posts, read 1,430,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hmmm....guys are always looking at women when working out at the gym.

Anyway, lingerie of any kind is overrated - expensive and on the floor in 5 seconds. Lingerie is for women, guys don't care.

As a man, I agree with this. Why do I care what kind of bra? In my younger days, if a woman was wearing a sports bra, I would just assume she's athletic and needs to be ready to go for a run at any time. Most women who wear sports bras seem to be athletic, so sports bras go hand in hand with an athletic body in my mind. If my wife switched to all sports bras, great, why should I care? I really can't see any guys caring about this at all.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:54 PM

9,799 posts, read 5,474,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
As a man, I agree with this. Why do I care what kind of bra? In my younger days, if a woman was wearing a sports bra, I would just assume she's athletic and needs to be ready to go for a run at any time. Most women who wear sports bras seem to be athletic, so sports bras go hand in hand with an athletic body in my mind. If my wife switched to all sports bras, great, why should I care? I really can't see any guys caring about this at all.

We-ll.......cartoon in Playboy. A man and a woman are getting it on when she says, "My bra is a little bit lower, that's my shoulder holster you are unbuckling.".

Old 06-14-2019, 06:45 PM

921 posts, read 252,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Totally relate! The only person I care about impressing with my boobs is my husband, and well he is fairly easy to please. lol So I relate to what you said. I hope you can find it and it works for you, too.
I'm not sure too many men are hard to please when it comes to boobs... I would venture a guess that usually "You wanna see some boobs?" probably works just fine. I doubt they care too much what they're wrapped in!

Old 06-14-2019, 07:30 PM

9,123 posts, read 2,994,022 times
Around here, in the running capital of the world, I sometimes see women on the trails wearing them and nothing else on top. But how would you know for sure that they aren't regular outer garments, if the fabric is colored? Their structure may be more robust than a normal abbreviated top, but what is the difference in their appearance, really?

Old 06-15-2019, 08:23 AM

4,243 posts, read 2,083,976 times
Default There are three main types of sports bras:

Encapsulation sports bras: These bras use individual cups to surround and support each breast separately. There is no compression in these bras (most everyday bras are encapsulation bras) making them generally best for low-impact activities. Encapsulation bras provide a more natural shape than compression bras.

Compression sports bras: These bras typically pull over your head and compress the breasts against the chest wall to restrict movement. They do not have cups built into the design. Compression sports bras tend to work best for low- to medium-impact activities.

Compression/encapsulation sports bras: Many sports bras combine the above methods into a supportive and comfortable style. These bras offer more support than compression or encapsulation alone, making them generally best for high-impact activities.

My breasts are heavy (40 DD), and a compression bra creates a giant sagging uniboob.

I have a Freya encapsulation sports bra that I bought 5 years ago. It cost a lot of money ($65), but it is still totally doing the job. I call it my workhorse. I wash it by hand, of course.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...orts-bras.html

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-16-2019 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Added link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty