U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 01:29 AM

30,684 posts, read 33,445,013 times

Advertisements

I did for awhile one year but then I found a traditional bra I liked better. What I liked about the sports bras I had were that they hooked in front, and that's what my new bras do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 07:26 AM

4,243 posts, read 2,083,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Plagiarism is plagiarism, regardless of the topic.
LOL

Please report me.

The fact that the first part of my post was formatted in italics, separate from my own comment that followed, would suggest that it is a quote from an unnamed source.

The fact that you would accuse me of plagiarism is laughable.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:54 PM

10,992 posts, read 2,726,039 times
They make minimizer bras that are less bulky than sports bras.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:53 AM

57 posts, read 11,771 times
I sleep in sports bras.
I want everything to remain where it's supposed to be forever.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:45 PM

11,073 posts, read 17,543,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
A close relative of mine is petite (tiny rib cage) but with larger breasts. She wore a DD or a DDD bra for years and they never fit quite right. She was then fitted at a fancy lingerie shop and was told that she really wore a much, much larger cup size (a G or H or something like that) and a smaller band size. Now she raves about how comfortable how bras are. They are cute, sexy and comfortable bras. She wears Elomi brand, but there are similar brands. The clerk said that most stores just sold her the closest size that they had in stock (so that they could make a sale) but they were never her correct size.
Elomi is unfortunately the only brand I can wear because of my cup/band combo. At least huge bras can be pretty now, it wasn't that way when I was in high school. I find when the fit is truly right that underwire bras can be comfortable and not dig. Also anybody who is getting their bra support through the shoulder straps is wearing the wrong size, I don't care how many fittings you've had. In a well-fitting bra, the band does the supporting, NOT the straps, and there should be no spillover or uniboob.

I tend to wear a looser over the head sports bra at home that doesn't give me enough support to go out in, but is very comfortable. I put on the underwire to leave the house. My Elomi bras fitted great before I had the baby, but now the wire is digging in after a couple of hours because they obviously don't fit right anymore. I'm reluctant to spend money on new bras at the moment because I don't know if I'm going to stay this size .

I can't do the Lane Bryant's because the smallest band size is too big.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:52 PM

15,201 posts, read 8,504,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If you're going to copy and paste, it's generally expected you will cite your source: https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...orts-bras.html
You're being a bit pedantic since it was easy to see it was quoted material and all ya had to do was give a little google and you found it immediately. The world we live in makes it pretty easy and even though I was in academia for a period of time, "plagiarism" of this material in this "forum" doesn't make me clutch my pearls.

Do you also correct misspellings and grammatical errors?

Old 06-19-2019, 05:50 PM

9,777 posts, read 4,991,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You're being a bit pedantic since it was easy to see it was quoted material and all ya had to do was give a little google and you found it immediately. The world we live in makes it pretty easy and even though I was in academia for a period of time, "plagiarism" of this material in this "forum" doesn't make me clutch my pearls.

Do you also correct misspellings and grammatical errors?
A mod edited the post to provide the link. So that would be the final word on the matter.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:15 AM

1,319 posts, read 642,453 times
Why would someone choose a pretty bra, over a confortable one.....unless you are an exotic dancer.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 AM

9,777 posts, read 4,991,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why would someone choose a pretty bra, over a confortable one.....unless you are an exotic dancer.
Pretty and comfortable aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:49 PM

59 posts, read 12,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hmmm....guys are always looking at women when working out at the gym.

Anyway, lingerie of any kind is overrated - expensive and on the floor in 5 seconds. Lingerie is for women, guys don't care.
Have to disagree somewhat--lingerie suited to the tastes of a women's man can spice things up. But yes, they do end up tossed aside quickly. Men in my life have always preferred nice lingerie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty