Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 02:05 PM

173 posts, read 120,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I'm curious if any other ladies with larger breasts prefer to wear sports bras on a daily basis rather than a regular more pretty bra?

Anyone else found they prefer sports bras over the more delicate pretty type of bras?
Boy can I empathize! I wear a 38G bra and gave up underwires because the rubbing caused pressure-induced uticaria (hives)! The wire free bra I normally wear is a non-compression type sports bra by Glamorise which has acceptable support. However, the best support for me is always with underwires and maybe with molded cups but only when I'm willing to put up with pain for a limited time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 09:26 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,041,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
OP, doubt you'd consider my 34D breasts large, but I'm all in for sports bras. They've been game changers for me in terms of comfort, support, and a nice fitted look in every day casual clothes. I do prefer the thin-strap ones as opposed to the thick strap racer backs.

I keep fancy bras on hand for dressy occasions. But I occasionally, when the the neckline and sleeves permit, sneak in sports bras even with those.
I miss 34D. That's what I was before kids.

I'm figuring that out, too - which tops I can sneak in a sports bra and which I have to stick with a regular type of bra. I'm hopefully heading back to Lane Bryant this weekend to see what other kinds of bras they have, as another poster mentioned. I really hope they have some other amazing bras that work.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:29 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,041,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why would someone choose a pretty bra, over a confortable one.....unless you are an exotic dancer.
I do for my husband. Keeps things romantic and flirty and fun. He does things for me that I like, and I return the favor. We've been together almost 25 years, survived crazy toxic family and raising two great kids together, and it's the first and only marriage for us both, so we're doing something right! Maybe it's the sexy underwear? Who knows!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:34 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I miss 34D. That's what I was before kids.
Me too, but it was 10th grade! And DD, maybe 11th grade. I am surprised at DD you’re having so much trouble finding something you like. Compared to 20 years ago, there are so many larger bra options now. For me, the only bras that work tend to be from UK companies, but I’m a lot bigger than you.

I think somebody mentioned title IX already - great resource for sports bras. https://www.titlenine.com/category/w...unning-bras.do

Old 07-01-2019, 06:43 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,254 times
Just bought a Spanx reversible (black/nude) bra and just LOVE it.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:06 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Glad I stumbled onto this thread, got a lot of good tips and info here. To answer OP, I've ditched all underwire bras for years now, and only wear sports bras. I don't care one whit how they look, my comfort overrides. If I could just detach them from my chest when I feel the pain in my back and leave them on a shelf for a while, boy would life be grand!

Old 07-07-2019, 05:06 AM

497 posts, read 422,011 times
I wear sports bras when working out, but I love my sports bra because the clapse is in the front and make it easier to apply on and off.

I prefer sexy bras for daily use and wear them for my DD size. I feel pretty and hubby is happy.

I own a few bralettes and wear those when staying indoors all day. I find sexy ones mainly because even if no on can see me, I still want to look good that radiate feel good feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty