U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 05:24 AM

1,320 posts, read 643,753 times

Advertisements

Out of curiosity, I wonder how women, with those very very long nails, do such things, like go to the bathroom.....seems like it would be disgusting. Why would you want to put up with that every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 05:38 AM

12,686 posts, read 14,063,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I have enough trouble understanding how people function daily with long nails, much less long pointy ones. They also look demonic.
Yes, and I can remember a comic strip character of many years ago - a devious Asian female villain as I recall, who had pointed nails. But comic strip villains aside, I still think they look a bit too "theatrical."

Old 06-20-2019, 06:51 AM

10,279 posts, read 4,856,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I far prefer pointy to squares. Square nails are so ugly. (IMO)

I prefer the squoival which is square with the edges rounded out a bit. I have fairly long, thin fingers and the oval just looks awful on me. My last nail tech shaped my nails in almost a coffin shape which I don't care for either. I like more of a natural look unless you're an actress, model or into all the latest trends.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 AM

35 posts, read 13,530 times
Older guy here, my preference FWIW. I am a big fan of color, and even nail art. But my preference is fingertip length or maybe just a bit longer and generally “natural” rounded ends.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:40 AM

14,656 posts, read 9,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I think this look is quite off-putting. Like pointy shoes. Makes me think of a witch.

What is interesting to me how many "fashion" threads are started here based on how they are a turn-on for men.
I suspect there are more men on this forum than women. I am not surprised. All the threads about nails, bras, skirts, panties, shoes and what not are bound to lead somewhere.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:43 AM

12,106 posts, read 6,682,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Out of curiosity, I wonder how women, with those very very long nails, do such things, like go to the bathroom.....seems like it would be disgusting. Why would you want to put up with that every day.
Where I am that is mostly a lower income younger woman thing. It's like a signal that "I don't do windows" attitude. But they must wipe their own butts, I would think. I had a neighbor once who thought women who didn't have fake hair and long painted nails looked like lesbians. I guess I didn't know something about myself. lol.

Now there is also a lot of social media influence to try different looks.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:47 AM

886 posts, read 210,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Where I am that is mostly a lower income younger woman thing. It's like a signal that "I don't do windows" attitude. But they must wipe their own butts, I would think. I had a neighbor once who thought women who didn't have fake hair and long painted nails looked like lesbians. I guess I didn't know something about myself. lol.

Now there is also a lot of social media influence to try different looks.
Ita...long pointy nails look cheap & trashy. You can't show up at work like that. You usually can tell lesbians or strict feminists in other ways.

Old 06-20-2019, 02:37 PM

290 posts, read 44,186 times
I fancy both the tradition long fingernail look equally as much as I do the new, pointed modern way.

Always had my nails long when I was younger. Had little babies and children at the time, and never did my nails get in the way of, or hinder the way I cared for them. Do remember perforating a few pairs of rubber pants with my sharp nails when changing diapers, though.

Last edited by Size18; 06-20-2019 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-20-2019, 03:22 PM

11,076 posts, read 17,549,211 times
I like short, squarish (or this squoval word I’ve never heard before?) nails.

Usually find long nails on others to range somewhere between impractical to tacky to creepy. Pointed talons fall on the creepy end of the spectrum. Overly long nails with jewelry or other decor (tacky, on my nail scale) seem to be found exclusively on cashiers and receptionists who do their jobs much more inefficiently because of it.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:02 PM

37,094 posts, read 45,604,555 times
I like short nails with festive polish or plain. If I see someone with long nails I think of the germs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty