Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed that long painted pointy nails have become trendy among young women? For this to be fashionable is like a dream come true for me...I am in total awe of how sexy they look. Could someone explain why the pointy shape looks so attractive? Is it the danger aspect? Afterall those claws could hurt! I don't think that's it for me personally though...they just look beautiful to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 07:02 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I don't care for the pointy nails. I'm just glad that square nails are slowly dying out. Oval is so much more attractive IMO.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:24 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I think this look is quite off-putting. Like pointy shoes. Makes me think of a witch.

What is interesting to me how many "fashion" threads are started here based on how they are a turn-on for men.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:49 AM

57 posts, read 76,300 times
Pointy nails are ugly.
Also a little impractical.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:51 AM

57 posts, read 76,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I think this look is quite off-putting. Like pointy shoes. Makes me think of a witch.

What is interesting to me how many "fashion" threads are started here based on how they are a turn-on for men.
Some pointy shoes looked good.
It depends on the type of pointy shoes and it depends on the outfit.

I think clogs look stupid.
So clunky.
So chunky.
So .............

Old 06-18-2019, 01:06 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,458,867 times
Some people jerk their legs at night when they sleep. I do this with my arms.

One time I woke up because I had jammed my thumb nail right under my right lower eyelid from jerking my arm in my sleep. It hurt badly. I went to the mirror and saw that I had gauged a bleeding half moon hole under my eye with the finger nail, just missing the eye. So now I keep them short. Sometimes when drying my hair, I swipe and take a chunk of skin off my face even with short nails. I would hate to see the kind of damage long pointy nails would cause.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:08 PM

130,230 posts, read 12,093,129 times
I far prefer pointy to squares. Square nails are so ugly. (IMO)

Old 06-18-2019, 01:19 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
I have enough trouble understanding how people function daily with long nails, much less long pointy ones. They also look demonic.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:26 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Some people jerk their legs at night when they sleep. I do this with my arms.

One time I woke up because I had jammed my thumb nail right under my right lower eyelid from jerking my arm in my sleep. It hurt badly. I went to the mirror and saw that I had gauged a bleeding half moon hole under my eye with the finger nail, just missing the eye. So now I keep them short. Sometimes when drying my hair, I swipe and take a chunk of skin off my face even with short nails. I would hate to see the kind of damage long pointy nails would cause.
I do this, too! I can't tell you how many times I wake up cut. Also, before I fall asleep, I try to make sure my hands are curled into fists because if I don't, especially if I'm dreaming, I often dig my nails into my arms or wherever. Hurts like heck! And gives me those crescent-shaped cuts you mentioned. Sometimes the pain incorporates into my dream until I wake up and realize that I'm doing it to myself!

It always makes me cringe when people handling babies or pets have really long nails. There are often sudden movements involved in both cases, and it would be easy to hurt them. These pointy ones should be out of the question entirely. lol I also think they're hideous, but to each their own, as usual.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:27 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I have enough trouble understanding how people function daily with long nails, much less long pointy ones. They also look demonic.
They do, they do. I think that's the main reason I dislike them so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty