U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 10:00 AM

3,685 posts, read 1,863,297 times

Advertisements

EBTH (dot) com

I have lots of high-end clothing and shoes, boots, native jewelry. Told my husband he might as well make some money on my stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 10:04 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 15 days ago)

10,451 posts, read 14,299,056 times
My stuff would go straight to the trash, except maybe a few pieces of vintage costume jewelry and a few funky dresses from the eighties that I still have hanging around, assuming retro is still a thing when I die.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:40 AM

4,877 posts, read 6,590,063 times
My jewelry, good vintage handbags and Hermès scarves will be divided up by my daughters.
The rest donated to charity.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:48 AM

78,526 posts, read 70,430,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
A bit of a grim topic, but say tomorrow you kicked the bucket, what would happen in regards to your clothes/purses/shoes/makeup etc.?
What a curious question. What do you think should happen to them, OP? In my mother's case, she had a stash of fancy purses for special nights out, like the opera, and whatever. I went through them, thinking I could make special gifts to people who had helped her in her last years. I discovered nearly all of them were damaged in some way, and never repaired.

Other than that, she didn't have anything worth saving. She didn't have any makeup, except some foundation. (Who uses recycled makeup, anyway?) I gave a dressy jacket of hers to a cousin, who had admired it, and had borrowed it on one occasion. She was thrilled. Other than that....meh.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:16 PM

6,178 posts, read 2,849,330 times
My corporate suits will go to the women's league. They helped donate to start up jobs for ladies entering the Corp. World.

My shoes- toss em! My grandma taught me shoes once worn belong on the feet of the person who broke them in. .

My homemade garments...skirts,shirts dresses, my dil will go thru. She admires tailored clothing..one of a kind.

Makeup? Toss it.

Winter coats-jackets.Our local inner city children's home is often in need.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:21 PM

1,181 posts, read 350,069 times
Why would care? My estate is willed to my favorite charity. I am thinking of changing it and leaving jewelry and a portion of the estate to my favorite niece. But it not going to matter once I am dead.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:23 PM

21,155 posts, read 11,754,604 times
I have one child, so whatever he wants to do with it all. No worries about dividing anything up. I have a couple of nieces but I think that if I choose to make specific bequests to them, I'll just give them those items and if I kick the bucket unexpectedly, then oh well.

I do have some items that are important to me that I'd like to hope would have some meaning to my son. But the reality is that as noted upthread, I won't be here to worry about it.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:50 PM

2,291 posts, read 2,675,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Why would care? My estate is willed to my favorite charity. I am thinking of changing it and leaving jewelry and a portion of the estate to my favorite niece. But it not going to matter once I am dead.
Not that my opinion matters to you, nor should it - but I do think that you should include your favorite niece in your will, as you mentioned. It would probably mean so much to her. If you love her that much, she probably feels the same about you.

Of course, after you're dead, it won't matter to you, but I think leaving things to people who you care about is a wonderful way to show your love to them.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:08 PM

3,872 posts, read 1,644,470 times
Whatever my widower wants to do with them.

I expect clothes and purses (both of them) will go to a thrift store.
He might offer my jewelry to our nieces, buy they're picky.
I don't have any makeup.

The real issue is what he'll do with my craft supplies. I sold a lot of the valuable items before our last move. I suppose the rest will go to the boys and girls club or a thrift store.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:36 PM

18,371 posts, read 20,099,207 times
My wife said to let everyone go through the clothes if they want anything. Whatever is left over goes in the trash or goodwill. (Thrash things like undergarments)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or