U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 09:36 PM

28,202 posts, read 47,597,148 times

Advertisements

A woman is upset after a Macy’s makeup consultation left her with a permanent “X” mark on her face.

On Tuesday, Judy Pleunik filed a lawsuit against Macy’s after grappling with the mark on her left cheek for over a year. According to ABC 13, Pleunik visited the Macy’s branch at Baybrook Mall in Houston, Texas, in February 2018.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...212216386.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 01:33 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 15 days ago)

10,452 posts, read 14,303,163 times
I feel for the woman, but the employee didn't 'do' anything. The makeup might have caused some weird reaction with her skin, but how do you fault the employee or the store for that? Why isn't she going after the manufacturer of the make up?

Old 06-28-2019, 07:54 AM

2,638 posts, read 2,350,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I feel for the woman, but the employee didn't 'do' anything. The makeup might have caused some weird reaction with her skin, but how do you fault the employee or the store for that? Why isn't she going after the manufacturer of the make up?

Probably is or will. Generally the attorney will include all entities involved and it will get narrowed down in court.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:38 PM

6,521 posts, read 2,358,678 times
I hope she goes ahead and gets the recommended biopsy.

Seeing as it's changed the pigment of her skin there, and maybe this is far fetched, but maybe she used something with retinol or some other product that made her skin sensitive to the sun.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:03 PM

2,900 posts, read 4,606,807 times
This is so ridiculous. Just looking for money. If anything, it was a minor skin reaction to a product. Although I highly doubt the employee applied anything in a small X pattern to anyone’s face.

FWIW, this supposedly happened at my local mall

Old 06-28-2019, 06:30 PM

11,419 posts, read 20,250,102 times
I find this story VERY questionable.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 PM

10,066 posts, read 4,022,502 times
The article doesn't seem to address why a makeover would involve drawing an X on her cheek.

??

Old 06-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 6 days ago)

9,445 posts, read 3,634,340 times
I think she had an allergic reaction to something that was used on her face at the cosmetic counter. I don't think she is lying.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:08 AM

2,732 posts, read 720,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think she had an allergic reaction to something that was used on her face at the cosmetic counter. I don't think she is lying.

But if it was an allergic reaction, why would Macy's be at fault? I could see if it was a highly toxic product that burned the skin of many people or caused allergic reactions in more than half the people, but if it was just her, then how would any one have predicted this could happen? And it's hard to think of a product that would just be applied as an X---even if it was placed as an X initially on her skin, it would then have been smoothed out all over her face or at least spread on her cheeks.

I don't think the cosmetic person branded her with a branding iron or tattooed her, so I can't see what could have been done to give her that permanent mark. Maybe her aging skin just made a mark on her own.

Her dermatologist recommended a biopsy. Don't know what that would prove. At this point there would be no remaining product on it.

I find it odd that they haven't mentioned what brand it was---just generic Macy's makeup counter.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:44 AM

5,767 posts, read 4,825,615 times
They may have used several different products on her face (cleanser, toner, primer, cover-up, foundation, etc) so anyone of them might have caused the problem, so they probably can't figure out which one to blame. I've never heard of a product permanently discoloring someone's face, but that doesn't mean there can't be a first time for everything. Obviously this is a "one-off" situation or they would be getting sued by lots of women, so if her skin had some sort of reaction, there's no way they could have predicted that.

I'm thinking that they may be able to remove it with a laser, but that might leave a white un-pigmented area in the x shape. At least a white x would be less noticeable and more easily concealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or