U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 07:26 PM

1,765 posts, read 563,309 times

Advertisements

Some big ones are going too. I just saw that Payless Shoe Store in our mall had a going out of business sale. All 2,100 stores in the U.S. closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM

1,320 posts, read 643,753 times
I have been in payless many times, over the years......have never bought anything there. I sometimes, have luck at TJMaxx.
A skechers store has opened in my area. After buying a couple of pairs.....I will never buy another brand again. I even got some dressy sandles for a wedding there. I could of danced all night. LOL

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

8,305 posts, read 6,151,455 times
I'll buy them almost anywhere except online.

Bought some Red Wing boots from the local shoe store chain. I've bought athletic shoes from the local sports-shoe chain. I've bought some at Cabeals or Bass Pro Shop. I've bought a pair at Nordstrom Rack. I've bought Dress Shoes from Johnston Murphy or Allen Edmonds, ideally at their outlets since they're pricey.

I avoid buying lower-end shoes; you pay for it in the end one way or another.

Old Today, 12:24 AM

27,165 posts, read 29,650,120 times
There is an indie shoe store in my neighborhood. It has been open for around 30 years. Around 2 months ago it put a sign up that said "going out of business sale." And the inventory dwindled. I thought it was done, the sign seemed to be covered up.

Over the weekend I noticed a new sign went up "We are not going out of business! We are open."

Now I am just confused.

Old Today, 05:49 PM

78,560 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is an indie shoe store in my neighborhood. It has been open for around 30 years. Around 2 months ago it put a sign up that said "going out of business sale." And the inventory dwindled. I thought it was done, the sign seemed to be covered up.

Over the weekend I noticed a new sign went up "We are not going out of business! We are open."

Now I am just confused.
I used to enjoy the shoe stores in downtown Berkeley, and there was one in a little cluster of stores north of there, somewhere around Shattuck and Vine? I haven't been there in a few years, though; I don't know if any of those stores are still there. It's pretty convenient on BART.

Old Today, 05:52 PM

78,560 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I didnít know there are still any shoe stores, I havenít seen on since the 1990s. I buy my sneakers at Costco, work and dress shoes online. I have been size 10-1/2 since about 1965, so no need to try them on and pay more, I shop around the Internet and find some for $59 usually at Amazon that are $90 at places like Kohlís.
You're in Seattle? I guess you're right; I don't recall any, when I lived there. There were a couple of fashion stores in the U District, that carried nice shoes as a side thing, but no stores that were shoes only. Mostly, I got my shoes on trips to the Bay Area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or