U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,561 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Reputation: 76542

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
The color is known as Blue Radiance (Pantone 14-4816 TCX). Seems to be more of a blue turquoise.
You could combine a greener turquoise ("aqua") with blue turquoise.

I don't know how people are defining "coral". I don't think red coral goes with turquoise, but I see some votes for pink, which is one shade coral comes in.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-02-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2019, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Central IL
15,204 posts, read 8,513,923 times
Reputation: 35600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
For pinks, I was thinking Cradle Pink (Pantone 12-2905 TCX) would be a good pairing. My favorite shade, Fairy Tale (13-2802 TCX) just seems to be a bit bright to pair with this shade of turquoise, Fairy Tale seems to pair better with my other chino shorts in Placid Blue (15-3920 TCX).
I agree - the lighter shade is a bit more contrast with the turquoise and sets it off better.

While I do like navy, I don't tend to like dark tops over lighter bottoms - looks out of balance. Maybe crazy, but I'd rather have a turquoise shirt and navy shorts, or perhaps it's just the more neutral color on bottom with a brighter top?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Upper Left Hand Corner
2,533 posts, read 951,915 times
Reputation: 4141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I have chino shorts in three colors - pink, light blue, and turquoise. It seems like the hardest to pair are the turquoise. So far I have only worn them with white T-shirts.

I think even my favorite shade of pink would be too bright for them. I do have shirts in a lighter pink that might work. What other colors do you think would look good with turquoise chino shorts?
Black goes beautifully with turquoise. At least to me it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 09:35 PM
 
688 posts, read 157,825 times
Reputation: 1507
Black or pale gray, otherwise you will resemble an Easter egg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 09:36 PM
 
9,271 posts, read 9,220,181 times
Reputation: 11717
Pale blue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2019, 10:14 PM
 
5,417 posts, read 2,336,948 times
Reputation: 15003
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Black or pale gray, otherwise you will resemble an Easter egg.
This.

Stick your original plan. White tee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2019, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
5,201 posts, read 7,880,068 times
Reputation: 2714
I do have a navy polo; I just don't know where it is (I have been trying to find it for a while). Navy is quite a versatile color that I think can be paired either with spring or fall colors.

Today for the Fourth of July I wore an interlock polo in Pantone 19-4057 TCX (True Blue) along with shorts in a muted shade of red. Is this a good pairing with turquoise or is it too bright? My navy polo I have been trying to find is Pantone 19-3920 (Peacoat).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2019, 11:00 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,561 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Reputation: 76542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I do have a navy polo; I just don't know where it is (I have been trying to find it for a while). Navy is quite a versatile color that I think can be paired either with spring or fall colors.

Today for the Fourth of July I wore an interlock polo in Pantone 19-4057 TCX (True Blue) along with shorts in a muted shade of red. Is this a good pairing with turquoise or is it too bright? My navy polo I have been trying to find is Pantone 19-3920 (Peacoat).
The Pantone True Blue I see on the screen is subdued, not bright. I think it would work fine with turquoise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Tucson Arizona
3,876 posts, read 1,648,337 times
Reputation: 10159
Turquoise attracts the eye, so it pairs best with a more muted color (for clothes, anyway).

It looks great with warm neutrals like tan and brown.
White and ivory are safe choices with nearly everything.

If you pair it with a strong/dark color like navy or black, you'll need some turquoise accessories to balance it out. A chunky necklace would look odd with a polo shirt but maybe a cap or a hatband would tie things together.

Cool Gray might feel too similar to the turquoise, but a warm gray could work.

I think warms colors like red, pink, orange, yellow, or purple would seem clownish.

Purplish blues like indigo and light, soft yellowish greens would be nice.

Prints can go a little wilder with color combinations. One of my favorite print fabrics was a Laurel Birch floral combining cream, turquoise, royal blue, olive, purple, and metallic gold.

My name is Steiconi, and I'm a color junkie...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,561 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Reputation: 76542
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Turquoise attracts the eye, so it pairs best with a more muted color (for clothes, anyway).

It looks great with warm neutrals like tan and brown.
White and ivory are safe choices with nearly everything.

If you pair it with a strong/dark color like navy or black, you'll need some turquoise accessories to balance it out. A chunky necklace would look odd with a polo shirt but maybe a cap or a hatband would tie things together.

Cool Gray might feel too similar to the turquoise, but a warm gray could work.

I think warms colors like red, pink, orange, yellow, or purple would seem clownish.

Purplish blues like indigo and light, soft yellowish greens would be nice.

Prints can go a little wilder with color combinations. One of my favorite print fabrics was a Laurel Birch floral combining cream, turquoise, royal blue, olive, purple, and metallic gold.

My name is Steiconi, and I'm a color junkie...
I had in mind a blue violet; I realize "purple" is a bit broad, vague. For women, I think a regular purple could work. It also depends on the turquoise: pale vs. a stronger shade.

Welcome, fellow color junkie!

I'm warming up to the "tan" idea. I think for a guy, that would look nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top