U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM

20,153 posts, read 11,172,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, I buy all my business casual pants from LL Bean. They have pleated (for those of us with a vital life force, who exercise vigorously, perform hard physical work, and enjoy our food and drink enthusiastically) and unpleated (for those of you whose skinny little legs and neurasthenic bodies can't fill up a man's clothes) so you ought to be able to find something that fits.
LOL.

I wear pleated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 08:58 AM

5,457 posts, read 2,349,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
LOL.

I wear pleated.
Just say nooooooooo! to pleated pants (or skinny anything).

Unless you're 80.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:02 AM

5,457 posts, read 2,349,714 times
Quote:
Well, I buy all my business casual pants from LL Bean. They have pleated (for those of us with a vital life force, who exercise vigorously, perform hard physical work, and enjoy our food and drink enthusiastically) and unpleated (for those of you whose skinny little legs and neurasthenic bodies can't fill up a man's clothes) so you ought to be able to find something that fits.
Because you exercise you need pleated pants?

Pleated pants are for old dudes. Lol.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:34 AM

5,195 posts, read 2,338,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Because you exercise you need pleated pants?

Pleated pants are for old dudes. Lol.
Well, I AM an old dude. But I'm an old dude with thighs like tree trunks.

Back in the 70s, when I was a young dude, and there were no pleated pants, I routinely ripped pants out from stem to stern by attempting exotic moves like bending over to pick up a coin from the ground.

When pleated pants started being offered again in the early 80s, I shouted "Hallelujah! My testicles no long need be constricted and I can now actually move and bend over!" and I can tell you that the fashion police will have to pry my last pair of pleated pants off my cold dead legs.

Those skinny-legged pants without pleats work fine for young guys with legs like twigs and minimal male equipment in the middle, but the extra room offered by pleats has been critical for me in being able to do, in comfort, exotic activities like sitting and driving a car, or stepping up on something that's waist high, or sitting on the ground cross-legged.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:46 AM

5,195 posts, read 2,338,170 times
Here's how a grown man likes his pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_myjOr0OU

Old 07-03-2019, 10:31 AM

78,771 posts, read 70,607,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
End of an era for Docker pants. yes pants.....lol

I usually wear tactical pants to work but there are times when I
have to wear some nice pants. I have nice pants that fit with suits
but I don't like to ruin them. I don't like Carhartt(yuck) and I don't like
wranglers (double yuck).

Men what is your alternative to docker pants. I have many but this weekend I
went to get some at macy's and JC and I got these LUX stretch dockers most
horrible pants I have ever bought and returned them. The stretch material
lets every lint,hair directly target your pants
and they are hard to iron.

Any suggestions I have tried Nautica in the past and they discolored in the second to
third wash.

any suggestions are much appreciated.
I'll jump in here, about the importance of pants.

I've had similar problems, trying to find basic business-like pants for women. Macy's used to have nice, affordable navy khaki-type pants for women. Then very suddenly, regular cotton pants like that were OUT, and some kind of weird new all-way stretch material that's a blend of synthetic and cotton or rayon, as you say--a dust magnet, was IN, and that's all I've been able to find in office-attire departments. I don't know what this stuff is supposed to be, lol, but as soon as you cross your legs, the material no longer looks new. It has a worn spot where you crossed one leg over the other. It's as if the plastic content in the material gets scratched, or something.

I suppose I could do as some here suggested, and look at LL Bean and Eddie Bauer, for old-fashioned women's trousers/dockers/khakis whatever they're called? Macys had much better prices for good quality.

P.S. Pleated pants look ridiculous on most women. They make you look like you put your pants on backwards. They poof out, right where no sane woman wants a poufy look.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:34 AM

21,868 posts, read 14,390,517 times
Quote:
Here's how a grown man likes his pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_myjOr0OU
Funny and odd. I guess when you are president, you can call up a manufacturer and special order anything!

Old 07-03-2019, 10:47 AM

21,868 posts, read 14,390,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'll jump in here, about the importance of pants.

I've had similar problems, trying to find basic business-like pants for women. Macy's used to have nice, affordable navy khaki-type pants for women. Then very suddenly, regular cotton pants like that were OUT, and some kind of weird new all-way stretch material that's a blend of synthetic and cotton or rayon, as you say--a dust magnet, was IN, and that's all I've been able to find in office-attire departments. I don't know what this stuff is supposed to be, lol, but as soon as you cross your legs, the material no longer looks new. It has a worn spot where you crossed one leg over the other. It's as if the plastic content in the material gets scratched, or something.

I suppose I could do as some here suggested, and look at LL Bean and Eddie Bauer, for old-fashioned women's trousers/dockers/khakis whatever they're called? Macys had much better prices for good quality.

P.S. Pleated pants look ridiculous on most women. They make you look like you put your pants on backwards. They poof out, right where no sane woman wants a poufy look.
I actually enjoyed wearing high waisted, pleated pants back in the day. But I get your point about pants for work. LL Bean makes good quality pull-on cotton knot pants that would be fine for most work environments. But If you want chino type pants, you can find them at Lands End and LL Bean.

A number of years ago, when I was frustrated with not being able to find pants to wear to work, I consulted four catalog retailers’ size charts, ordered four pair of equivalent pants, and compared their fits and quality when they arrived. I can’t remember which I chose, but there was one clear winner. (i think it was Bean). I returned the other pairs, and ordered from the “winning” retailer for awhile.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:34 PM

2,255 posts, read 2,374,535 times
Fashion Guy Here.....

JC Penney has machine washable dress pants by STAFFORD Brand. The JCP in house brand. Washes in the machine and hang dry for no iron professional look. GREAT for hot weather.

HAGGAR has something similar in the Pro Light Weight or something called similar. Great for warm weather as well.

The ultimate DURABLE dress pant is the DICKIES #874 which now comes in a flex material.

I own and use all of these. ALL great products.

Bonus Tip :

Anything WRANGLER oriented dominates the jeans market in terms of quality and fit !

Old 07-03-2019, 03:36 PM

3,575 posts, read 1,378,440 times
nothing but Dickies for me.

if Dockers are "out", pleats are "out in left field".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or