U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 08:52 PM

79,739 posts, read 72,322,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
My beauty maintenance is not considered a burden or as you say it, "pain in the @ss", but part of daily good health, just like having a good diet. I love myself, so it is safe to say that I get excited to get mani/pedi, medical grade facials; my daily facials and using my beauty tools, going for walks and stretching. I don't get my eyebrows groomed as frequently anymore since the hair come back a lot less, I get waxing done on the whole body on regular basis.

I find Americans think it is a treat to be high maintenance, mani/pedi's, but in Europe, it is part of daily life and caring for yourself on daily basis.

As for clothes, I invest on beautiful lingerie, matching sets and wear them daily. I don't believe what Americans do, wear only on special occasions. Life is too short for that and to celebrate good life daily. As for clothes, I don't shop frequently. I cultivate timeless pieces and have a capsule wardrobe. I wear my finest on daily basis, even for working out.

With makeup, I enjoy that so much and not because I have to wear it, but bringing my best forward.

If you see two approachable women, one looking bland, no glowing skin, unkept hair and clothes, and another with glowing skin, neat hair, nails, who would you rather approach first?
Most women don't go around with unkempt clothes and hair. You're painting an extreme. Opting out of wearing makeup and painting one's nails doesn't mean one doesn't address the basics of maintaining neat hair and nice clothes, or even styling one's hair daily, and taking care of one's skin.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or