U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:24 AM

14,294 posts, read 20,539,012 times

Advertisements

So many women in this forum have been wondering what men think about their appearance. Talk to most guys, and they like a woman who is confident and who knows who she is.

Just needed to rant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,713,147 times
I agree! I have a friend who OBSESSES about every detail of her appearance! I keep telling her that guys don't notice the stray eyebrow or curly eyelashes! As long as you have a friendly smile, and can carry on a decent conversation, you become attractive! (Of course, basic hygiene is a must!!!!)
I mean, when I go out, I want to look my best, but it doesn't take 3 hours to do that!
Hubby's happy with me, and I still attract alot of attention (and I'm nothin' special!!!)
It's attitude!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So many women in this forum have been wondering what men think about their appearance.
You are so right but 99% of those women wonder what men think because they have let themselves go and are fat/obese so they try to convince themselves that "its okay to be fat" or "it doesnt matter what I look like". Men do love a woman who is confident and is comfortable in her own skin but men would not usually not be physically attracted to this kind of woman.

A woman who knows she is physically attractive doesnt care too much about what men think about their appearance because they are confident in how they look. Its the women who are self conscious or worried about their weight, their waistlines, their cellulite, their back fat, their cottage cheese thighs, etc. worry about what men think of their appearance. If people took the time to take care of themselves (eat right, exercise, lift weights) they wouldnt be so concerned because they would feel GREAT and they would know without a doubt that they also LOOK GREAT!!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Men do love a woman who is confident and is comfortable in her own skin but men would not usually not be physically attracted to this kind of woman.
I meant to say that men would NOT be physically attracted to this type of woman. That is, unless she has something to offer physically that men like.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 PM

470 posts, read 1,343,451 times
Eek. I am definitely not attractive to "confident" people.

I would rather have someone who is obsessed with their image.

I, as a guy, am constantly on a diet, eating healthy, washing my face often, using numerous facial scrubs, using white strips, baking soda treatments, using several brands of toothpaste specializing in different things, always trying to find the best shirt to match the jeans, literally watching my hair dry in the mirror.

And, whenever I perfect everything. I can be confident. And, It's not that I am pleased with myself, it's that I know I look down right amazing.

That is exactly what I would want in a girl. Someone who obsesses about their image. (:

.. No joke.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM

I can totally understand where youre coming from Metro. I just so happened to marry a woman like that. Well, she's not so much obsessed with her image, she is however obsessed with NEVER EVER being physically unfit or out of shape or as she puts it "like a fat cow". The thing is, she doesnt care what other people think about her appearance and I think its because she knows she's hot. But she really does care about her own health, body and general well being that its very important to her.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 AM

172 posts, read 706,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
Eek. I am definitely not attractive to "confident" people.

I would rather have someone who is obsessed with their image.

I, as a guy, am constantly on a diet, eating healthy, washing my face often, using numerous facial scrubs, using white strips, baking soda treatments, using several brands of toothpaste specializing in different things, always trying to find the best shirt to match the jeans, literally watching my hair dry in the mirror.

And, whenever I perfect everything. I can be confident. And, It's not that I am pleased with myself, it's that I know I look down right amazing.

That is exactly what I would want in a girl. Someone who obsesses about their image. (:

.. No joke.
I must admit that I am the same way. I get weekly manicures and pedicures, zoom teeth whitening, get my hair styled once per week, and my clothing, shoes, and accessories must match.

My boyfriend is like this as well.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 AM

14,294 posts, read 20,539,012 times
You boys are cracking me up. Because a woman is confident; does not mean that she is not aware of how she looks, does not take time to primp and look great.

If you read many of the threads on this board they ask "Do guys like it if I have long hair? Or short hair?" "Do guys like it if I wear a pink shirt? Or a blue shirt?"

My point is, you must feel confident and beautiful on the inside; don't change yourself for a man. Many women change who they are to get a guy to like them. What I am saying, is have confidence in yourself. If a man doesn't like who you are, then he is not the man for you.

Confidence does not mean letting yourself go, not exercising, not primping, not taking care of yourself....don't confuse the two.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
You boys are cracking me up. Because a woman is confident; does not mean that she is not aware of how she looks, does not take time to primp and look great.

If you read many of the threads on this board they ask "Do guys like it if I have long hair? Or short hair?" "Do guys like it if I wear a pink shirt? Or a blue shirt?"

My point is, you must feel confident and beautiful on the inside; don't change yourself for a man. Many women change who they are to get a guy to like them. What I am saying, is have confidence in yourself. If a man doesn't like who you are, then he is not the man for you.

Confidence does not mean letting yourself go, not exercising, not primping, not taking care of yourself....don't confuse the two.
Oh. Now I get your point and I agree. What was misleading on your original post is where you said "most women...". I didnt know you were talking about children (aged 12-18) because they are the only ones who ask "Do guys like...." type questions. Women do not.

Confidence does in fact come from within. But make no mistake about it, guys like a confident woman but it in no way shape or form makes up for a woman who is not physically attractive to the guy. Plus, what Ive found to be true is that a woman who is active, works out, runs, keeps herself in good physical shape, follows a healthy diet, etc. is ALWAYS more confident in herself and carries herself much much better than someone who is fat/obese. So, back to the general point the guys were making on this thread in response to your post, we like and prefer that a woman care about her physical health/fitness and how she looks because WE care about OUR health and physical fitness (in addition to hers) and this a much much better way to attract interest from others.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 AM

31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Doesn't the definition of "physically attractive" vary from person to person? How is one person able to say that a specific type of woman (or man) wouldn't be attractive to someone else?

I'm truly thankful that the men I know aren't as shallow as y'all are making men out to be. Although I bet there are more men out there who are able to look past physical imperfections and see the woman inside than who are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty