U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:50 AM

45 posts, read 26,334 times

Advertisements

It's nearly impossible to find what I am looking for, that fits me right.

I am male, 6 ft and 130 lbs. I am looking for hoodies and winter coats that are plain black or gray, that go to or past the crotch. I've been to several websites and looked through dozens of pages under different terms and I can never find what I want..
  • Black or gray
  • Long length (past crotch) and arm length nearly to knuckles
  • Size small, extra small, or medium (so long as it would fit me correctly)
  • Hoodies should be under $30 and Coats under $70

Hoodies can be pull-over, partial, or full zip. Coats should be well-insulated and no breast pockets. I like (faux) fur-lined hooded parkas, and the like. Hoods are not necessary, though. I don't want it to be too puffy, but, again, well insulated. Ideally the coat would go half way between the hips and knees, but at least past the crotch. (That is the most important thing)

I have been looking for years to find a plain black hoodie as described and I just can't find one anywhere. Long, affordable winter coats are impossible to find as well..

Maybe you have stumbled across what I am looking for, or are better at finding things online than I am. If so, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in my search.

Here is an example of what I want:
Mod cut: copyrighted images.

If this was black and didn't have any writing or brand emblems, it would be perfect.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-17-2019 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 08:54 AM

44,334 posts, read 42,841,869 times
I have a son who always wanted the same thing. He's 6'4" and super slim, so XL hoodies that might go past his waist were often three times as wide as he wanted them.

Maybe you could google "slim fit long hoodies."

This site came up. It looks kinda spammy but kinda legit too so just verify that it's the real thing.

https://tall.life/tall-hoodies-for-tall-skinny-guys/

Lots of guys want what you want. I think the "slim fit" term might be the key. Also know your measurement from shoulder to hip so you can check the measurements of items on websites.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:37 AM

I found this, but I can't decide between small or medium. They don't give the dimensions.. The model is 6' 1" and wearing medium.

Mod cut: Copyrighted image.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-17-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 08-17-2019, 01:52 PM

20,241 posts, read 19,245,093 times
Look for brands that have "tall" sizes. You could go onto ebay and type in mens shirt tall just to see what brands carry Tall. That's just to get an idea of some of the brands that cater to Tall. Then you can either search for what you want on ebay (make sure they give measurements, or message the seller and ask) or go out and find that brand on your own.

Here are some brand names that I got from the website below--J. Crew, Asos, Boden, Hanes, Gap, Hollister, and more:

https://tallsome.com/tall-mens-clothing/

Old 08-20-2019, 05:07 PM

9,686 posts, read 9,434,843 times
Any winter "coat" will go past the crotch. If it doesn't, it's a jacket, not a coat.

Have you tried just going to department stores or menswear stores when they're having end-of-season mark-downs?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:30 AM

10,848 posts, read 5,092,122 times
My son is 6'3" and thin. I buy most of his shirts online at Old Navy. Look under big & tall. They have a section for tall and they also have slim cuts.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:28 AM

5,212 posts, read 13,502,226 times
Perhaps you should change your style, and look for clothes that fit you well, and look GOOD on your body! "Hoodies" are not a good look on anyone.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:27 AM

13 posts, read 1,569 times
It seems to me better to choose in the store that there was an opportunity to try on

Last edited by Yac; 09-02-2019 at 01:00 AM..

Old 09-06-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Perhaps you should change your style, and look for clothes that fit you well, and look GOOD on your body! "Hoodies" are not a good look on anyone.
That's your opinion. I happen to think they look great and short jackets and shirts that only go to your waist look stupid. Maybe you should consider changing your style..

Quote:
Originally Posted by serebrina View Post
It seems to me better to choose in the store that there was an opportunity to try on
Yes, but it's even less likely I will find what I want in a store. Online there are hundreds of options, store will obviously be limited by physical space.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:33 PM

7,196 posts, read 2,602,552 times
You know...maybe you should buy "big" hoodies (so it goes past your crotch) but then get the sleeves altered? Like...maybe taken in and shortened.

I've never had a garment altered (tailored) but I've been told it's fairly inexpensive.

Regarding winter coats, have you thought about a Stockman style?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or