U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 PM

7,301 posts, read 4,030,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
One thing I've read about fillers (and I am not 100% sure it's true) is that they eventually stretch out the skin (because older skin does not bounce back once the fillers wear off) and cause more sagging, so you'll need more and more filler to make a positive difference. Thus leading to the infamous pillow-face look. Again, not sure if it's true for everyone, it may just apply to a minority.
Yikes! That would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? I will try to check up on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There are dermatologists who specialize in cosmetic work -- filler, botox, lasers, etc
Thank you. I wasn't sure what kind of doctor to go to. I didn't want to confuse this thread with that question, so thanks. I did see in my city that there is a dermatologist who specializes in this (but I didn't know if that would suffice or if I needed a plastic surgeon or one of those cosmetic clinics). So thanks!

Old 08-27-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Exactly...the old saying was to lose 10 pounds for your body to look better but keep the 10 pounds to help your face - that applies when you're middle-aged or older.
Yes...I read years ago that a truism for women is "at some point, a woman has to decide between her face or her body." Sigh. I guess that's why there's been a boon in cosmetic surgery or appearance procedures.

And women can't win for losing. I had a male friend a few years ago who was critical of older women. He'd point out how "haggard and old" an older woman looked. But then if she'd had cosmetic work done, he'd say she looked bizarre. Some people are just critical of older women, I think.

So it's best to just to please oneself.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:18 PM

1,304 posts, read 826,533 times
I get fillers and Botox regularly. I'm much younger, but taking it as preventative.

Anyhow--yes, they can get expensive. The Juvaderm line of products tends to be thicker and last longer than Restalyn...but it is also more expensive. However, these types of fillers will absolutely address your concerns. I would recommend creating a (free!) account on Real Self and putting in your zip code. You can filter on what you want done and find providers. I would recommend seeing at least a PA (WITH EXPERIENCE)--not a nurse or a med spa type place.

Additionally, for the drooping of the corners of your mouth--a few units of botox can also fix that.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
I get fillers and Botox regularly. I'm much younger, but taking it as preventative.

Anyhow--yes, they can get expensive. The Juvaderm line of products tends to be thicker and last longer than Restalyn...but it is also more expensive. However, these types of fillers will absolutely address your concerns. I would recommend creating a (free!) account on Real Self and putting in your zip code. You can filter on what you want done and find providers. I would recommend seeing at least a PA (WITH EXPERIENCE)--not a nurse or a med spa type place.

Additionally, for the drooping of the corners of your mouth--a few units of botox can also fix that.
Thanks for the tip on the drooping mouth corners. I didn't know botox could help w/that.

Thanks for the website reference and your recommendation. Thanks!

Old 08-28-2019, 07:29 AM

2,726 posts, read 2,432,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post

Old 08-28-2019, 09:50 AM

5,724 posts, read 2,646,199 times
Yep, I think I'll try to counteract the natural anatomy of my facial structure and musculature by injecting one of the most powerful neurotoxins known to science, into my face, repeatedly, for years on end. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 08-28-2019, 10:11 AM

240 posts, read 121,302 times
I've had Juvaderm fillers in my NL folds and also deep lines at the corner of my mouth. I found the results to be amazing - took years off how I looked and was a great boost to self esteem. I had 'touch ups' done about 12 months later and since I didn't need as many syringes as the first time, the cost was less.

Sadly I'm now on blood thinner drugs and have been reluctant to have it done again. I'd say go for it, I don't think you'll be sorry, but just make sure your in capable hands. Realself.com is a great resource.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Thanks for the tip on the drooping mouth corners. I didn't know botox could help w/that.

Thanks for the website reference and your recommendation. Thanks!
You're welcome! Have fun!!

Old 08-28-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Yep, I think I'll try to counteract the natural anatomy of my facial structure and musculature by injecting one of the most powerful neurotoxins known to science, into my face, repeatedly, for years on end. What could possibly go wrong?
Botox is the neurotoxin. It's been shown in clinical studies to be safe. Also, it's generally one of those things that as you do it, you need less over time.

Fillers contain Hyaluronic acid, which our bodies naturally make. It's not a toxin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or