U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 05:00 AM

7 posts, read 953 times

Advertisements

my friend made such injections not long ago, there is an effect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 06:34 AM

18,869 posts, read 23,717,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I'm over 60. I use creams and such for wrinkles, although I don't have much a problem with wrinkles. My problem is deep naso-labial folds from nose to corner of lips. This runs in my family and seems to be from my chubby cheeks having fallen (a sort of hound dog look). This bothers me, and there doesn't seem to be a good fix. I consulted a dr about a face lift; he told me that even a facelift won't do much to help that. (I can't afford that now, anyway.)

It's sort of like Paul McCartney and Angela Lansbury. They had chubby cheeks when young. When those cheeks fell, they changed to jowls and deep naso-labial folds, adding to the melting and aged look to the face. Lansbury did some things to fix that in her later years, but not sure what. McCartney used to do electrical stimulus, but I guess it didn't help, since those folds didn't improve.

It can happen at any age. Remember Olivia Newton-John in the movie Grease? She was about 30 at that time, and already had those naso-labial folds (she'd had chubby cheeks). This led to critics crucifying her for looking too old to pass for a teenager in the movie. When you look at the movie, the only thing old looking about her, IMO, is those folds. (She's had face work done since then, despite her statements she hasn't.)

I've read that juvederm or restalyne injections help with those folds. (I'm not interested in getting injections anywhere else. Just for those folds.)

Has anyone used injections for the folds, or anything else? I would appreciate any info!

(Please don't respond with lectures about embracing one's defects and glorying in one's natural look, rather than obsessing over superficial things. I have had these folds for many years, so I clearly haven't obsessed over them. I also work on being a good person, a good sister and good parent to my fur babies, being financially responsible, and living a healthy lifestyle. BUT now that I'm retired, and the folds are even worse, I thought I might do something about this, since they bother me. I don't know if there's a feasible way to improve this, but I am checking to see.)
You do not need to defend your desire to look your best! I have had filler injections as well as botox. Not in that particular area - between my eyes.

There are several brands of filler. Some last 3-6 months, others a bit more or less. I will have them as needed, along with Botox, for the rest of my life.

Juvederme and Restylene (sp on both) are both good choices. I have the BEST doctor here in Ohio. He is very budget friendly. Ohio is in comparison with the coasts.

Send me a DM if you want! I'd be happy to help and to support you through this! I fully understand your desire to look your best.

I'd start with a free consultation. I know that this will make you look happier and refreshed, as you do inside!

Looking forward to hearing from you. I can tell you what to expect.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:42 AM

18,869 posts, read 23,717,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I can’t believe the amount of people who’ll inject crap into their face. Just age gracefully...
"Graceful" is in the eye of the beholder. If you had a 60 year old house, would you let it sag? Of course not. No one wants their 60 year old house to look tired or worn. Most people also do not expect it to leek brand new. They want it to look maintained.

I won't judge you if you do not care to maintain your face. That is your call. Please don't judge those of us you want our outside appearance to reflect how we feel inside.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:46 AM

379 posts, read 170,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Thanks! I've been toying with the idea of getting one.
Purchase it when it goes on sale, but preferably, get the Pro version. It is stronger at max power and you will want that as you become better with the machine and your skin is used to it. Buy on sale their brand of the gel. Don't use the alternatives you read about on the net. Their gel help make it work properly.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 2,503 times
Good luck whatever you decide to do but I thoroughly recommend seeing a cosmetic surgeon for any injectibles. They study facial features and how the muscles work. They generally have a department dedicated to facial procedures (peels, botox, etc) on staff too - and they specialize in injectibles.

To the poster who said that over time you don't need as much botox, I'm afraid that's not the case. Botox completely wears off, its not a cumulative product. Injectibles claim to be cumulative, and they are, but only over a long period of time.

I speak from experience. I'm 63 years and I've been doing botox and injectibles for several years. I have stopped the botox because I felt I just wasn't getting the desired effect anymore (this was after 6-8 years). Your face changes over the years so for me, the botox wasn't doing what I wanted it to do any longer- and i thought i looked "frozen". I decided I'd rather have the wrinkles. Would I do it again during those years - YES!

As for fillers - i think they're wonderful too. You need someone who knows what they're doing to get a good result. Yes, they are pricey! But i always feel they are worth the money.

Don't believe the literature about fillers - they will claim to last "up to 2 years" - what they don't tell you is this - when you get the fillers they are 100% - over time it dissipates and soon the % goes down - so that by the end of 2 years you might have 3% left - thats how they get away with saying it last "2 years" - it doesn't. But, the 3% might stay so that the next time you will need 97% of the filler - so it is cumulative but it takes a LONG time to build up.

Is it worth it? I think so.

For those who say "age gracefully, etc..." I wonder - did you wear braces as a child? Why? Keep the crooked teeth that god gave you and just be happy. Do you color your hair? Why? keep the gray hair god gave you.

If you have the money and you're not taking it away from anything else important - go for it.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:28 PM

874 posts, read 259,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Yep, I think I'll try to counteract the natural anatomy of my facial structure and musculature by injecting one of the most powerful neurotoxins known to science, into my face, repeatedly, for years on end. What could possibly go wrong?
I too am afraid of getting things- anything, even aspirin - put into my body that are not naturally there, so I totally get what you're saying. However, I also just cannot stand these stupid "marionette lines"- UGH!
I don't have very many wrinkles for my age (51) but those just kill me- so old-lady-ish!
Also, I have recently been thinking about changing careers. Though no one can state age-ism as a reason for not hiring someone, we all know it IS a thing. I am considering getting the fillers maybe just while I get hired then not doing it again.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:47 PM

11,002 posts, read 4,208,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHydrangea View Post

To the poster who said that over time you don't need as much botox, I'm afraid that's not the case. Botox completely wears off, its not a cumulative product. Injectibles claim to be cumulative, and they are, but only over a long period of time..
Of course botox wears off, but the reason why a person doesn't need as much over time is that the wrinkles are being puffed out more. I've talked to plenty of people who said they didn't need as much botox after a while because it lessened the severity of their wrinkled, even after the botox wore off.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:22 PM

453 posts, read 107,695 times
I think it’s one thing to look the best you can but it’s another to fake. By 60 I’m sorry to say it but no one really cares what you look like anymore except for maybe you or your partner. No one at the age of 60 is going to look 40. It seems like people fool themselves into thinking they do.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:32 PM

453 posts, read 107,695 times
Why bother looking 50 when you’re 60 or 65? Just because it is younger? Is it that flattering if it at 70 someone tells you oh I thought you were 60?

Old 10-08-2019, 05:40 PM

227 posts, read 82,300 times
Had to google what nasolabial folds are, why not just call them laugh lines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or