Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 06:33 PM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Grape smugglers.
banana hammock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 06:35 PM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
The women don't wear bikinis, either? 10 years ago, as a boy, I took swim lessons with other kids. There was this girl a couple years younger than me in my class who always wore bikinis, including a thong bikini with a miniskirt.

My female friend (straight, but a tomboy) and I went to the lap pool. Was surprised to see her bathing suit was a tank top and a knee-length skirt (she said she hates wearing skirts otherwise but is ok with skirts when swimming because she doesn't like bikini bottoms). Kind of felt funny that I (and the other guys at the pool) were showing more of our legs than she was, but she didn't mind.

I've got a friend that is 40's and ripped (she is a fitness instructor). I just saw pics of her at a public pool and she had a tank top type suit on the top with like boy shorts on the bottom. Her body is insane, I couldn't believe she wore that unflattering outfit.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:20 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,751 times
[quote=MrJester;56026381 Is it because it looks like a girl's panties? Or a bikini bottom? Don't ladies want to see a man's legs if he has long, slender legs? I shave my legs and armpits, too (to reduce drag).[/QUOTE]

Bingo! And, TMI.
But I'm old. Oh, and that means, Speedos = gay guy.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
I don't understand the appeal of swimming in board shorts, baggy fabric to the knee.

But that's what's fashionable, so that's what's available, and that's what gets worn. Eventually briefer suits wil become popular and people will start threads about ugly baggy board shorts.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:31 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
I have no problems with speedos and bikinis. I do have a problem with certain people wearing them

I know this will be controversial, but I am turned off by those without the right "fit" or body build wearing these skimpy outfits.

Some people here seem to be dancing around the issue, but I'll just come out and say it.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:52 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,306,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
banana hammock
We just call them budgies.

I just googled Tony Abbott in speedos (our former Prime Minister) Having seen some photos to jog my memory, I am thinking that may be why he was voted out of the top job and then in the last election, out of parliament entirely!

Very fortunately, Scott Morrison (current PM) wears boardies.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:25 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
I cannot wear them because I look obscene in them and no, I am not overweight.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:36 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I cannot wear them because I look obscene in them and no, I am not overweight.
Question is do you have the chiseled speedo body

Old 08-28-2019, 07:57 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,858 times
I wear a white speedo myself. (It's actually not see-through, because it has double the lining as other colors of speedos). Because of that, it's much more durable than regular speedos, whose back layer often consists of only a single, gauzy backing.

I guess here in California people dress less conservatively at the pool, then, as you'll see even female lap swimmers wearing bikinis (not athletic two pieces, but actual bikinis) and even young girls in bikinis, and thong bikinis at the rec pool side. But at the lap pool, most of these guys are not athletes, but are more serious swimmers, so they wear speedos.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:00 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, how does a child "look like" they were born in the US, vs. Europe?

If you wear your bathing suit as underwear on your way to the pool, what do you do when you're done swimming, and your "underwear" is all wet?
Well, speedos dry faster than trunks. Like someone else said, I'll usually pack spare underwear when I change back into normal clothes. Or sometimes I'll just wear a bathrobe over my swimsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty