U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 08:02 AM

1,626 posts, read 575,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I find it concerning, that men don't understand such a fundamental thing about women's reality and survival in this world. OP, the pickiness for the most part has nothing to do with looks. Sure, everyone has a certain taste, or a "type" they're looking for (or think they want, though it can change). But the reason women take more time in evaluating a potential mate has nothing to do with looks. Looks don't require time to evaluate, right? THey're evident from first sight.

Women have to be careful to evaluate a man's character and psychological stability, because they're obviously the most vulnerable party in a marriage. Making the wrong choice could kill them at worst, or result in a lifetime of emotional abuse, and other issues. If you ask me, many men are much to quick to fixate on a woman for LTR material. Their choice can seem extremely arbitrary in many cases. This is one reason why there's so much divorce.
So your point is, guys are actually more picky with their potential spouse when it comes to looks.

Women are less picky with looks but are consequently more choosy based on character.

This may be true, but even as a straight man, I value character more than looks when it comes to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 08:15 AM

4,070 posts, read 2,120,481 times
I still remember going on travel to CA with my Navy boss (CDR). We had checked into the inn and he went down to the pool and I was going out to sight see. I stopped by to let him know where I was going and holy crap, he had just gotten out of the water and was wearing a Speedo. I just about fell over. It sort of changed my view of him back at the office because I knew exactly what was under the uniform.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Unless you're a speed swimmer, why would you wear speedos? They are uncomfortable. I hate the feeling of my manhood being crammed in. I really dislike speedo inspired underwear too, very uncomfortable.
I am a lap swimmer. They feel much comfier than trunks, which can really wear you down with drag. They're tight and skimpy, so it feels like you're wearing nothing (isn't that a good thing?) They dry off much quicker than trunks. Of course, I also have nice thighs to show off (I got my mom's legs).

The only (slight) disadvantage is that you have to adjust your speedo more often than you would if you were wearing trunks. Sometimes your speedo rides up when you sit down. After diving, your speedo might sag a bit in the back, showing a bit of your butt crack. But it's snug enough so it won't sag in the front and expose your private.

Another disadvantage might be that you have to wear shorts or a cover-up over your speedo, unlike trunks, where you can just walk out of the pool in your trunks. But I find a bathrobe or a towel wrapped around the waist to be adequate in covering my speedo.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:18 AM

1,768 posts, read 308,810 times
I hope so, who wouldn't want to see my beautiful shapely glutes.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:34 AM

9,448 posts, read 8,478,678 times
I live in South Florida. Men and women wear thongs.

Bathrobes? No, never.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:27 PM

289 posts, read 211,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I myself am slender and have been told I have nice, long legs for my height. I'm straight, and seems like straight guys wear speedos at my lap pool (and even in the rec pool), too.

So why don't speedos look good? Don't ladies want to see their guy friends in their underwear? Is it because it looks like a girl's panties? Or a bikini bottom? Don't ladies want to see a man's legs if he has long, slender legs? I shave my legs and armpits, too (to reduce drag).
Uhhhh....sorry...no, your long slender legs and lack of hair...is creepy..

Btw..some might think you are gay..

Unless you are in the Olympics...Speedo’s and hair shaving is not what I would call masculine..

And I certainly do not. Ever ..want to see guy friends in their underwear?

Old 08-28-2019, 08:10 PM

6,834 posts, read 4,261,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Uhhhh....sorry...no, your long slender legs and lack of hair...is creepy..

Btw..some might think you are gay..

Unless you are in the Olympics...Speedo’s and hair shaving is not what I would call masculine..

And I certainly do not. Ever ..want to see guy friends in their underwear?
Yeah, I didn't want to say any of this, but it's kind of what I was thinking too.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:54 PM

26,378 posts, read 33,376,817 times
Quote:
I am a young, slim, fit guy. As a straight guy, I guess you're right about women in bikinis attracting guys. But still, even if women don't care about the bulge of a man's private, wouldn't they still pay some attention if the guy is showing his nice, toned legs in a speedo?

But, you say "women are not as visual as men?" Well, why then, are most visual artists female and most classical musicians or even DJs and sound engineers men? Seems like men are more acoustically attuned while women are more visual-spatial.

And why, then, are men much less picky about picking their future mate than women are? If men care so much about a woman's looks, and women don't care about a man's looks as much, wouldn't women actually be less picky about choosing their future spouse?
No offense, but speedos look gay. Most of us women don't want to see all *that* on display, in public.
I can see all the nice toned legs I want to in regular swim trunks. And if you shave your legs...you can be sure you won't be getting the gals' attention. Yeesh.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No offense, but speedos look gay. Most of us women don't want to see all *that* on display, in public.
I can see all the nice toned legs I want to in regular swim trunks. And if you shave your legs...you can be sure you won't be getting the gals' attention. Yeesh.
Serious male swimmers wear speedos... so competitive male swimmers look gay and turn off girls?

Old 08-28-2019, 10:59 PM

26,378 posts, read 33,376,817 times
Quote:
Serious male swimmers wear speedos... so competitive male swimmers look gay and turn off girls?
Swimming in a competition is completely different. At a public pool or at the beach, yes it looks gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty