Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times

Advertisements

After reading through this thread at two o'clock in the morning, I am really, really thankful that I've never had to undergo nose surgery.

There are many aspects of my body that are not perfect, and I'm okay with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 PM

5 posts, read 14,697 times
Please disregard everything that was said under my alias "eurofestation". Apparently, somebody hacked into my account and I can't delete the posts. Everything that was said about Dr. D'Amico is false. He has done wonders for me. I am thankful everyday I glance in the mirror for his impeccable work. Best plastic surgeon in the tri-state area hands down.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:31 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurofestation View Post
Please disregard everything that was said under my alias "eurofestation". Apparently, somebody hacked into my account and I can't delete the posts. Everything that was said about Dr. D'Amico is false. He has done wonders for me. I am thankful everyday I glance in the mirror for his impeccable work. Best plastic surgeon in the tri-state area hands down.
Sorry about your problem, euro.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,252 times
I always liked Dr.Golshani [url=http://www.drgolshani.com]Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery - Breast Augmentation - Cosmetic Surgery[/url] and [url=http://www.avosant.com]Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery - Los Angeles Cosmetic Surgeon[/url] for doing plastic surgery. he is a great M.D. board certified and really knows what he is doing [url]http://www.drgolshani.com[/url]

Old 07-06-2010, 04:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
My best advice is to go to a surgeon who specializes in the body part you are working on. Not someone who does a boob job in the morning, lipo after lunch, then squeezes in a rhinoplasty before dinner.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
I would advise anyone to think very carefully about rhinoplasty. It is major compared to many other kinds of plastic surgery. It can affect your breathing and sense of smell. It is uncomfortable and can cause problems many years later. I never completely got the feeling back in mine, it is rigid and not pliable and some grafts have painfully extruded. I developed dryness and sinus issues. This was the result of only a minor procedure done by a top surgeon. My old nose was fine. I had it done at a time when I was too naive to know that I would regret it later, even without the problems, and I would love my old "ethnic" nose back. It still looks ethnic, just the wrong ethnicity. What I later came to realize is that my old nose wasn't really too big, just out of proportion with my profile. I could have achieved my goal simply with a much less invasive chin implant.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:42 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurofestation View Post
Good thing you cleared that up as those previous posts sounded really weird.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times
I think people should come to realize that nose and boob jobs can only make things look worse in 90% of cases, unless you are doing it for a medical reason. Even so called good nose jobs have a funny look to them.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:20 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
To me, if I concentrate on my or anyone's nose, it starts to look really funny - even without surgery.
There are cosmetic surgeons who graduated as eye, ear and nose physicians and there are patients who claim to breathe much better after nose jobs. I don't think there would be so many done if breathing were impeded in many cases.

I think most women who are in their 60's and 70's definately look better after plastic surgery. I'm not talking about the freakish people who are addicted to radical changes, but the ones who have small changes done from time to time as needed.

You might criticize these women, but if you saw pictures of how their moms or non-surgical siblings look at certain ages, you might change your opinion. Years back actresses often would just go into hiding once they reached a certain age because of their prunish appearance.

I notice that some women who say they would never do it, as they age, put on extra pounds to try to fill up all that loose sagging skin. That can't be healthy. Botox is certainly safer on the cardio vascular system, not to mention the feet.

What I think is interesting is Brazil being the cosmetic surgery capital of the world. There are certainly some horror stories, but I think some of those Brazillian women are gorgeous. I admit. I'm jealous.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 AM

10 posts, read 16,341 times
There are many surgeons in California but I considered Dr. Smaili, he has good reputation and many good feedback I heard from his previous and consistent client. Having a surgery you really have to spend $$ and make sure that your surgeon is expert on the procedure he will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty