U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 05:49 AM

18,591 posts, read 23,936,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why is it that we never see ugly news readers?

I want an anchor who looks more like an average American: obese, tattooed, with a green crewcut, wearing a sweatshirt with what appears to be a beach ball stuffed inside, and sweat pants showing a little rear cleavage. And a humongous tramp stamp.
great question......you want to "connect" with the average person...then look like one...not the top 3% that have fake boobs and botox…

I've often heard women say "the women on the magazines are not real women or the majority" yet that's what they watch ..

I've always saw the hypocrisy in this....its not the male viewers they are trying to impress …..morning talk shows are about mostly women issues …

so...thru all the decades of … "don't objectify me on my looks" it's what I can do" kinda goes right out the window when it comes to info-babes/hournalists...or even actresses ..

im being a bit tough on you ladies because I read a couple ...answers that its men who do all the judging.... and I maintain women more harshly judge other women ….and sometimes with more pettiness.... if you think im wayyy off base...here's one more example..and this one isn't even about looks

a married couple or a couple that lives together..... has company over.... the house is a mess.... the dishes aren't done on the counter....etc.
the women company going to judge the guy for this or the woman?????????? yes the woman.....10x more than the guy living there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 01:08 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,434,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, men in such a professional environment are expected to be plain, and not stand out regarding fashion, hence the criticism Obama got when he wore a tan suit.

So since men's fashion in such environment is pretty bland, no one really will notice the slight variations in cut and shades.

So in this case, I think men are the ones that get overly criticized if they dare deviate from such expectations.
In a straight news environment, women are also supposed to look bland, albeit in an attractive way, because viewers want to focus on the news. She chose to dress weird and is playing victim.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:58 PM

23,037 posts, read 15,054,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
In a straight news environment, women are also supposed to look bland, albeit in an attractive way, because viewers want to focus on the news. She chose to dress weird and is playing victim.
I watch her, and I can attest that she does not dress weird. She is very professional and quite pleasant.

Old 09-15-2019, 02:42 PM

23,378 posts, read 17,258,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I'm not sure why she's responding to an internet troll. Does she respond this way to all comments like this? Maybe someone could recommend just ignoring them to her. Many celebrities just ignore trolls and hateful comments, it seems to work out just fine for them.
I agree. Should not have given the dude the time of day. Let him wonder if she even read it....forever.

Quote:
“I’m a pretty secure person but 10 years ago this would have rattled me,” she said.
Oh, it's still "rattling" you, lady, despite your protests that it isn't.

Females are no better, so I laugh at the hysterics about this. Females are always trashing what another female wears, and many females are constantly trying to change how males dress. Let's not pretend we sit on some pedestal, ladies.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:36 PM

44,815 posts, read 43,292,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Females are no better, so I laugh at the hysterics about this. Females are always trashing what another female wears, and many females are constantly trying to change how males dress. Let's not pretend we sit on some pedestal, ladies.
Ok but it wasn't a "female" who made the comment.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:18 PM

8,531 posts, read 5,561,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I'm not sure why she's responding to an internet troll. Does she respond this way to all comments like this? Maybe someone could recommend just ignoring them to her. Many celebrities just ignore trolls and hateful comments, it seems to work out just fine for them.
Why did she respond?? She knew she could make it go viral which she did. Is the actual tweet from "Jeffrey" up on her Twitter page? She posted the message but with his info blocked. Why? He sent the message to her work twitter page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Admittedly, those pants are pretty unflattering, and probably wouldn't look good on anyone. Although I wouldn't go out of my way to write to her about it (We all get it wrong, sometimes), I don't understand how this is "body shaming." It was a rude insult about her lack of fashion sense.
I agree. Unless you are tall woman then those pants will not look good.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 09-15-2019 at 06:27 PM..

Old 09-15-2019, 09:58 PM

23,378 posts, read 17,258,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Ok but it wasn't a "female" who made the comment.
I fail to understand how you did not comprehend what I wrote.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:00 PM

44,815 posts, read 43,292,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I fail to understand how you did not comprehend what I wrote.
Write it better next time.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:58 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,434,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Why did she respond?? She knew she could make it go viral which she did. Is the actual tweet from "Jeffrey" up on her Twitter page? She posted the message but with his info blocked. Why? He sent the message to her work twitter page.
The info probably is hidden so that he doesn't get fired for his comment.

He wasn't wrong, though. Maybe she thinks that looks normal - maybe she's very into fashion - but in the real world not many people dress like that and most men would call it weird and distracting. She works on camera and should be concerned about what the audience thinks.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:46 AM

3,668 posts, read 3,260,022 times
I'm not impressed by the news anchor. She should have ignored the guy. I would not have contacted her, but not now that I've seen her clothes, I don't like them either.

The way she is dressed, she looks like she got cut in half at the waist. I'm not sure if it's the pants I don't like... I think maybe it's the top is not the right style for the pants. Back when those pants were in the style in the 80's???, we wore them with a flattering top that accented our hour glass figure. A more tailored top or jacket would have looked nicer.

I've noticed the clothes our female news anchors wear are hit or miss. Most are super cute women with tiny bodies. It has to be hard to come up with a new and flattering outfit every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or