U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 AM

8,531 posts, read 5,561,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The info probably is hidden so that he doesn't get fired for his comment.

He wasn't wrong, though. Maybe she thinks that looks normal - maybe she's very into fashion - but in the real world not many people dress like that and most men would call it weird and distracting. She works on camera and should be concerned about what the audience thinks.
Why would it be hidden? Everyone that is responding to the business twitter account have their full name on their twitter profile.

Also, why would she care? He initiated the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 10:30 AM

1,556 posts, read 769,899 times
I would rather see high waisted pants on women, then some of the plumbers crack pants on men.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:31 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,434,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Why would it be hidden? Everyone that is responding to the business twitter account have their full name on their twitter profile.

Also, why would she care? He initiated the conversation.
I don't know what his Twitter name is and don't care to look. Anyway, it's generally considered against the ethics of journalism to put a private citizen's name in an article or broadcast per mere comments without that person's permission. Even using the words without permission is a gray area. (Submission guidelines on letter-to-the-editor webpages allude to that.)

Last edited by goodheathen; 09-16-2019 at 12:47 PM..

Old 09-16-2019, 06:26 PM

23,037 posts, read 15,054,200 times
Quote:
I don't know what his Twitter name is and don't care to look. Anyway, it's generally considered against the ethics of journalism to put a private citizen's name in an article or broadcast per mere comments without that person's permission. Even using the words without permission is a gray area. (Submission guidelines on letter-to-the-editor webpages allude to that.)
He posted on a public FB page.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:35 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,434,225 times
He did not expect to become part of a news story. Media standards call for explicit permission for a seemingly real name to be used. There are members of the media active here, and someone will confirm if he or she reads this thread.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:23 PM

100 posts, read 21,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Don’t nearly all women feel a need to comment on how many men dress? I am a walking target for piles of criticism from what I read on here. I’m a middle aged guy who just about lives in T-shirts, shorts and, God forbid, sandals (comfortable and kinda fancy flip flops). SHUDDER!

I could care less what others think much less random women I don’t know, why can’t she just ignore the trolls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know what?

Those slim, tapering pants that pretty much every dude is wearing now -from sweats to suits to jeans - look effin' ATROCIOUS to me. Ridiculous and stupid. Then add their giant waddly duck shoes that perch out from the tapered ankle...omg.

But somehow I've managed to mind my own business and refrain from telling friends, coworkers, strangers, and random celebrities this.

Bc what they choose to wear and what they like IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. What they feel good in and enjoy is their thing. Rock on, dudes. You do you.

Let women do whatever without always having to throw your opinion out at her. It's getting so old.

I think both of these are correct. Most people this day in age are hypocrites. People are quick to criticize others, but become super offended when they're criticized. It never ceases to amaze me what hypocrites people can be and I hear and see it all the time in my daily life. I've also noticed that if people have any type of opinion on anything, they must voice it instead of deciding first if voicing it would actually be productive or just critical and condescending.

Just for the record, I am NOT talking about the posters who I quoted. They both brought up good points that I felt could develop my thought on the matter.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:34 AM

11,129 posts, read 5,206,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Not sure why this woman felt it necessary to respond to internet troll.

That said, IF you take a job as a presenter of TV news, you better be prepared for fools making comments about your appearance. Not endorsing what the guy said or did...but it comes with the territory.

A bit like a professional athlete complaining when the fans get irate when your team loses or you have a poor game. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Not a fan of Fox News or Fox Business but I recall Neil Cavuto (the Fox business reporter) reading viewer comments. One viewer told Cavuto he has a "big head"...as in literally too big for his body. To Cavuto's credit he read the comment out loud and didn't let it bother him.
Reminds me of the "mean tweets" on one of those late night talk shows. They are so funny.

Old Today, 02:53 PM

2,377 posts, read 1,143,216 times
Quote:
In a straight news environment, women are also supposed to look bland, albeit in an attractive way, because viewers want to focus on the news. She chose to dress weird and is playing victim.

lol she is not at all dressed in a "weird way".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or