U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 06:48 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,809,058 times

Advertisements

Let me begin by saying I am aware that I "should" be wearing the browns affording to the beauty experts because I have blue eyes. However, I started wearing the electric blue Maybelline when I was in high school (almost 50 years ago) and every time I would change, people were so used to my blue lashes, that it brought more attention to myself when I didn't have him.

Well, Maybelline abandoned the electric blue and I had to hunt for a replacement. There have been many, including Lancome, & Christian Dior, to name a couple that have come and gone. However, my inexpensive NYX, has now followed their lead and I am on the hunt for another bight blue. They offer a blue but it is far less blue and more black than I want. I already have tried two and they are more navy than I want. I am not in an area that has a large department store with an array of cosmetic counters, so I find myself in the position of having to buy online and pay for shipping.

So the question is, does anyone have a suggestion for a bright blue mascara? I am looking for something in the line of the blue in the word FORUM at the top of this page, if not bluer. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:36 AM

10,225 posts, read 5,303,843 times
What's funny is that immediately after I read this message, I looked up at the TV and saw a commercial featuring Kerry Washington applying a BRIGHT blue mascara. Unfortunately, it turned out to be an ad for makeup removing wipes. Amusing timing though!

The NYX is still available through ULTA: https://www.ulta.com/worth-hype-colo...mpprod18871075

There are a few other brands available as well:
https://www.ulta.com/badgal-bang-vol...mpprod17501079
https://www.ulta.com/bff-mascara?pro...pimprod2007165
https://www.ulta.com/volumatic-masca...pimprod2007350
https://www.ulta.com/voluminous-orig...mpprod15361153

Old Today, 08:49 AM

1,470 posts, read 992,967 times
I, too, have always worn blue mascara. It's kind of my trademark.
My fave used to be made by Almay...but they no longer carry it.

In fact, I've been having a really hard time finding it also in the drug stores, I refuse to pay $35-40 for it by Chanel or some fancy brand name like that.

So what I've been using is a blue by Loreal. Voluminous Original. I get it at our local drug store, CVS for abt $8. The tube is blue. Should be easy to find. And it's bright, not navy...or Blk blue.

Hope that helps.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

3,495 posts, read 4,053,816 times
Ebay. Whenever I want or need something and find it is no longer available, I go to ebay and find it. Case in point......daughter gave me a lipstick-like tube that was a lip exfoliator that I loved, when it was used up I tried to buy it from the dealer, in person and online. Nope, discontinued......I went on ebay and found it.

Old Today, 09:32 AM

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I will give that one a try, they have it in Walmart too. I am so tired of spending money on them only to have them be smokey or navy. NYX's was not only inexpensive but a gorgeous blue, but they discontinued it and the new one "Worth the Hype" could not be less worth the hype if it tried.

There is one KIKO from Italy that is about the same price as yours and the color looks good on paper too. Hoping there is a reply on that one.

Old Today, 12:08 PM

1,470 posts, read 992,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Ebay. Whenever I want or need something and find it is no longer available, I go to ebay and find it. Case in point......daughter gave me a lipstick-like tube that was a lip exfoliator that I loved, when it was used up I tried to buy it from the dealer, in person and online. Nope, discontinued......I went on ebay and found it.

Good to know..thx.

Old Today, 06:16 PM

Yes, but they were all gone. I usually find something I like and then buy like 5 of them so I have them, so I guess they were long gone by the time I realized they were no longer available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty