U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 01:02 PM

5,323 posts, read 8,093,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I just looked it up. On my screen, it does look like a variation on pink, with a subtle purple-ish cast. I have no idea why that would be called "ballerina"; I guess they had to call it something.

Anyway, enjoy your new fall fleece! I guess it's the purple component, that makes it appropriate for fall, rather than a spring/summer color?
Most of my fall fleeces are Cradle Pink, which is much paler. Also, Fairy Tale has historically been a spring/summer staple with my favorite brand and still has a slight purple tone, just not as much as Ballerina.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 02:26 PM

410 posts, read 101,749 times
I'm Southern and loathe bright colors. In fact, I mostly wear black, dark blues & greens, browns. I don't buy yellow, orange, pink, or white clothes.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:29 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,503,288 times
Southern tends to be tropical. Tropical tends to be colorful.
Also, more AA women live in the south, and they look awesome in warm bright colors.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:28 AM

11,136 posts, read 5,210,002 times
I live in Florida so I tend towards the cooler colors during our long, hot summers. I wear a lot of blue, turquoise, white, etc.

Come November I wear a lot of black, gray, red and navy but if it's a hot day I'll wear my usual clothes. We don't have a noticeable change of seasons so many people wear the same clothes all year but might add a sweater or closed shoes to their outfit. I brought one wool coat down with me from up north. I think I've worn it three times in the last 20 years.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I live in Florida so I tend towards the cooler colors during our long, hot summers. I wear a lot of blue, turquoise, white, etc.

Come November I wear a lot of black, gray, red and navy but if it's a hot day I'll wear my usual clothes. We don't have a noticeable change of seasons so many people wear the same clothes all year but might add a sweater or closed shoes to their outfit. I brought one wool coat down with me from up north. I think I've worn it three times in the last 20 years.
Here in Arizona all the stores seem to be selling sweaters, hoodies, and pullover fleeces. We are at the mercy of what the fashion companies give us. Still, we do have days where it gets cold enough to wear them (particularly early in the morning), so I do have my set of fleeces.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:54 PM

Note that some exceptions to the rules of seasonal clothes are off-price retailers such as Ross and T.J. Maxx, which will generally keep a year-round supply of clothes that are more appropriate for the climate. Also, in Florida, there is the department store known as Bealls, which also generally has a year-round supply of warm weather clothes and usually won't release the sweaters and fleeces until late in the season.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:46 PM

I just got the Ballerina fleece, the color shown on Kohls.com was way off. It actually looks slightly less purplish than Fairy Tale, but not nearly as peachy as Candy Pink (closer to Fairy Tale than Candy Pink). I think it would be a good match for my Fairy Tale polos.

Old Today, 06:02 PM

1,669 posts, read 1,361,295 times
Default Ballerina the color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I just looked it up. On my screen, it does look like a variation on pink, with a subtle purple-ish cast. I have no idea why that would be called "ballerina"; I guess they had to call it something.

Anyway, enjoy your new fall fleece! I guess it's the purple component, that makes it appropriate for fall, rather than a spring/summer color?
Looks like the color of traditional ballerina flats and tutus.

I tend to wear brights in spring and summer- no mater where Iím living or visiting. In the winter I love red and black combos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or