U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 10:45 AM

7,649 posts, read 1,719,213 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, we went to a fairly nice restaurant for breakfast at about 10:00, and a woman at the next table (she was probably about 30 or so) was wearing flannel pajama bottoms and a loose top with almost worn-out flats, and she was probably at least 40 pounds overweight. She was with another woman who was similarly unkempt, and they each ordered a huge breakfast burrito and at least two bloody Marys, so they obviously did not care what other people thought of their appearance, or anything else. (And, of course, why should they?)

But all that being said, what has puzzled me is the fact that she also had way over-bleached hair with dark roots showing and a streak of faded neon pink half-way down in her over-bleached hair (that was just put up in a loose and sloppy-looking kind of pony tail). So why do you think she would she have gone to the trouble and expense of first putting a neon streak in her hair and then later bleaching it? If she no longer liked the look, then why would she just not do some all-over color?

Is this a new fashion -- or even possibly a rebellion against fashion and/or vanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 02:03 PM

7,442 posts, read 2,700,410 times
So this is about her hair? There's stuff you can buy that very temporary. Colorista has stuff they call make up for hair. You put it in, and it'll wash out the next time you wash your hair.

I have some in purple, blue, and reddish gold. (My hair is white/silver)

Old 09-16-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
So this is about her hair? There's stuff you can buy that very temporary. Colorista has stuff they call make up for hair. You put it in, and it'll wash out the next time you wash your hair.

I have some in purple, blue, and reddish gold. (My hair is white/silver)
Yep, just talking about the hair. It just looked kind of "trashy" to me, but just thought it might be a new trend.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:49 PM

4,420 posts, read 1,781,638 times
new fashion?
do not know.
we live in a college town, so a fashion trend could last a month or more and then it is on the next thing.
specifically, in a case like this, we are seldom sure "she is woman" or how he "identifies".

Old 09-16-2019, 02:51 PM

If her hair was over processed as you said, maybe she didn't want to do anymore chemical processes, and opted for a temporary pink streak.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
If her hair was over processed as you said, maybe she didn't want to do anymore chemical processes, and opted for a temporary pink streak.
Well, the pink streak was faded, too, and started half-way down, so it looked like she had put the pink streak in about six months ago or so, and then decided she didn't like it or the "bottom" color, and so she just decided to say the heck with it and try to bleach all of it out, but without success.

Again, it doesn't matter, of course -- no skin off my nose, as the saying goes -- but I am just wondering why someone would over-bleach instead of just re-color. (Btw, I am certainly no hair color expert, to say the least, but isn't bleaching a chemical process?)

In my opinion, it just looked bad, and I think that even if she had just used an $8.00 box of "Nice and Easy", for example, it would have been much better.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:33 PM

I'm not saying this woman is studying to be a cosmetologist, but I've noticed that girls who go to beauty school often have the worst condition of hair. I think they all experiment on each other. lol

Old 09-16-2019, 04:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,037,915 times
at some point you quick trying to fix things and just go to brunch

Old 09-16-2019, 05:00 PM

44,762 posts, read 43,240,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yep, just talking about the hair. It just looked kind of "trashy" to me, but just thought it might be a new trend.
Bad decisions are always trending, unfortunately.

It's just low-class people who weren't taught better.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 8,602,189 times
Those color streaks don't last very long and it was fading.

The breakfast burrito and bloody marys sound amazing to me. In pajamas? Count me in!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or