Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 11:17 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I think it's because our culture has gotten extremely masculine. Both men and women are more masculine than ever before.
I dunno...I kinda think after a lot of blending & outing...it became kinda popular for women to look more masculine...or men to look more feminine. You can see it on the runways....“gender fluidity”...

I have never bought guy’s clothing for myself tho....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 11:55 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
They say the men's clothes are cheaper and last longer than women's fashion.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They say the men's clothes are cheaper and last longer than women's fashion.
I don’t like men’s t shirts....the arms are cut way too big & wide...even on small sizes. I like the women’s cut....& I can always find sales for that kinda stuff so I dunno if cost is that different.....

Old 09-26-2019, 05:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I read an article a while back about women buying men’s jeans because they fit better.

I buy a pack of men’s v neck undershirts and wear them under a sweater or jacket for work. Dress them up with a nice statement necklace and no one can tell it’s a men’s shirt.
The other dirty little secret about retail apparel by gender --- the men's equivalent might cost less and even be more durable. So if the sizing works out for women, I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The other dirty little secret about retail apparel by gender --- the men's equivalent might cost less and even be more durable. So if the sizing works out for women, I wouldn't be surprised.
Tees are made out of cotton for men or women....so....the cut is what matters....durability & price are gonna depend on if it’s all cotton or a polyester cotton blend....

If you want to dress in more masculine stuff or a looser fit....ok but...that’s personal & I can’t see cost or durability as being a reason why IMO......??

Old 09-26-2019, 09:07 PM

855 posts, read 624,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
If you want to dress in more masculine stuff or a looser fit....ok but...that’s personal & I can’t see cost or durability as being a reason why IMO......??
Cost and durability can be important if one is on a
budget and therefore unable to purchase new clothing
as frequently.

-

Old 09-26-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
Cost and durability can be important if one is on a
budget and therefore unable to purchase new clothing
as frequently.

-
All tees are made out of cotton or a cotton polyester blend....for men & women so....durability on tees is not gonna be any different....other than the fabric. With sales...at cheap stores....there is not gonna be that much difference on price on items like tees, jeans & stuff....not enough to make a difference to buy masculine looking stuff that is cut way too big...IMO anyways.....but there are other girls that wanna dress more boyish.....just because.....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 09-26-2019 at 09:39 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 07:54 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
All tees are made out of cotton or a cotton polyester blend....for men & women so....durability on tees is not gonna be any different....other than the fabric. With sales...at cheap stores....there is not gonna be that much difference on price on items like tees, jeans & stuff....not enough to make a difference to buy masculine looking stuff that is cut way too big...IMO anyways.....but there are other girls that wanna dress more boyish.....just because.....
Not wanting to be a girly girl doesn't make a woman boyish.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Not wanting to be a girly girl doesn't make a woman boyish.
No...but wanting to dress like a boy & shopping in guy’s clothing section kinda does IMO....

Old 09-27-2019, 11:45 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
No...but wanting to dress like a boy & shopping in guy’s clothing section kinda does IMO....
Not necessarily. It's all in how you wear it.

I wear men's slim fit velvet blazers with fitted jeans and over the knee boots. Nobody is mistaking me as a man. Are there times when I'm in menswear and look more masculine, absolutely, but in those cases its about function and comfort.

and I'll disagree with you on manufacturing differences regardless of materials used.

My wardrobe ranges with pieces from Bergdorfs and NAP to Old Navy and Target's mens section. I buy what I like and what works for I'm trying to put together.

Looking back, I got some of the most compliments when I wore my husband's custom made button downs. I used to laugh and tell people I stole it from my husband's closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty