U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 10:15 AM

11,062 posts, read 15,544,886 times

Advertisements

For me it's Ryka, SAS, Rockport, or Clark's. Just sign me: Shoe Maven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 01:26 PM

5,869 posts, read 8,402,803 times
Continued thanks guys!

I have a few practically brand new shoes that I haven't worn, but I've held onto for too long to return, so I've wasted some money unfortunately. I guess I'll spend good money on INSOLES, donate them, OR would a pawn shop take them? I'll see if I want the hassles of selling them online.

These didn't work out for me, but insoles won't help w/ these:

BOBS from Skechers Women's Pureflex Spring Forward...too sloppy-looking on my foot:
https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Wome...00EU872H2?th=1

Sam Edelman 'Galina' Crystal Embellished Sandal...no cushioning at all:
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sam-ede...-women/4029279

I even ordered an Earth brand sneaker that wasn't nearly as comfortable as I thought, but some Earth brand boots of mine are good.

And I wore some supposedly pricey, comfortable Hush Puppies brand shoes on a trip & my feet were killing me after not that much walking! I like Naturalizer better.

I have a few others that I don't really wear either.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 09-26-2019 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-26-2019, 04:44 PM

11,062 posts, read 15,544,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Continued thanks guys!

I have a few practically brand new shoes that I haven't worn, but I've held onto for too long to return, so I've wasted some money unfortunately. I guess I'll spend good money on INSOLES, donate them, OR would a pawn shop take them? I'll see if I want the hassles of selling them online.

BOBS from Skechers Women's Pureflex Spring Forward...too sloppy-looking on my foot:

I even ordered an Earth brand sneaker that wasn't nearly as comfortable as I thought, but some Earth brand boots of mine are good.

And I wore some supposedly pricey, comfortable Hush Puppies brand shoes on a trip & my feet were killing me after not that much walking! I like Naturalizer better.

Maybe you could donate them to a charity, worth a try.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:53 AM

589 posts, read 254,578 times
I have had Achilles surgery. I love the following orthopedic shoes:

Propet W0089 Pedi Walker Sandal (okay so I saw these on someone at a nursing home when I was visiting someone and looked them up) - these are the most basic but sturdy, shaped for the foot, super support - ultra comfortable and if your pants cover the top, they look decent (I have received compliments on them - have them in black, brown and a light color).

Propet Winnie Sandal (actually kind of cute)
Propet Breeze Walker (for hot weather)

Super support and comfort - I don't do the other Propet shoes because they are too thick and cobble like but the sandals are awesome.

You can look them up on Amazon or discount stores.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:59 AM

The Propet shoes I mentioned have a solid heel - the Winnie and Breeze Walker have secure straps on the heel.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 AM

5,652 posts, read 733,565 times
Quote:
Continued thanks guys!

If you have any consignment shops in the area they would probably take them. At least you'll make a few bucks off of them!

Old 09-28-2019, 08:58 AM

Thanks again guys!

Navyshow, never heard of this brand, thanks. I'll look at them. I'm sure you know, but Propet has an official site, but you can't actually buy on there...only see the styles/colors, etc.

https://www.propetusa.com/

Old 09-28-2019, 09:04 AM

5,349 posts, read 2,626,326 times
Quote:
I've been all for the good-quality, comfort brands since I ruptured my Achilles tendon back in 2008. In the MOSTLY CASUAL (& dressy) categories, what are your favorite most comfortable brands these days? I'm talking about you can walk for a good several hours w/o many sit-down breaks before your feet start to hurt...the shoes you'd bring on a huge trip where you'll be doing a TON of walking?

I'm mainly looking for casual/lifestyle styles, not really sneakers, although you can mention those too.
All of these brands make good quality, comfortable shoes that offer good support. They are durable in all types of weather.

Finn Comfort
Trippen
Naot

Old 09-30-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks again guys!

Navyshow, never heard of this brand, thanks. I'll look at them. I'm sure you know, but Propet has an official site, but you can't actually buy on there...only see the styles/colors, etc.

https://www.propetusa.com/

I am pretty active - run a lot and work out - but I love these shoes because of their support. Thanks for the link to the shoes. I see they have new sandal styles out. I will have to get some new ones this spring.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:20 PM

Continued thanks! So far, I got 2 pairs of Skechers, but I plan to get at least 1-2 more pairs of other brands. One of them I got because a 'Buy 1 pair, get the 2nd for 1/2 off' sale was going on & the other (below) I got on sale too & this new style seems to be the Skechers w/ THE MOST cushioning:

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style...ing-elite/bkbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
All of these brands make good quality, comfortable shoes that offer good support. They are durable in all types of weather.

Finn Comfort
Trippen
Naot
Thanks a lot. I've heard of all, except Trippen, so I'll check them out & see what the other 2 brands have these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or