Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 11:25 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,177,664 times

Advertisements

Hubby has plantar fasciitis and the shoes that hurt his feet the least are Keens. He walks six+ miles a day, five days a week year round, weather permitting.

I walk somewhere between six and eleven miles a day five days a week and my favorite walking shoes are the brand Saucony. They are the only shoes that are comfortable for my feet for so many miles and without giving me blisters or squished toes. My other favorite brand of shoes are Merrill's. I have multiple pairs of them for my snow boots, my fancier dressy boots, and my hiking shoes.

My feet take a lot of abuse with all of the walking and hiking I do weekly and these two brands of shoes keep my feet happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 09:25 AM

12,704 posts, read 14,872,891 times
Crazy4Chickens, thanks a lot!

A lot of people seem to have plantar fasciitis. Is a symptom of that when the heel of the foot feels like it has no "padding" & it's painful like you're standing/walking right on the direct heel bone?

Old 10-07-2019, 12:49 AM

21,481 posts, read 8,667,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Crazy4Chickens, thanks a lot!

A lot of people seem to have plantar fasciitis. Is a symptom of that when the heel of the foot feels like it has no "padding" & it's painful like you're standing/walking right on the direct heel bone?
Yes, that's exactly what it's like. The heel is tender and painful, especially when you first start walking.

I ordered a pair of SoftWalk flats from Zappo's recently and really love them. They feel like slippers.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:01 AM

6,386 posts, read 4,793,920 times
My daily walkers/work shoes have been the Nike Pegasus line for more than a dozen years.
This year's model, the Pegasus 36, has a slightly lower heel than before. They give me a backache when I wear them. Recently I stocked up on last year's model at the Nike Outlet in downtown Las Vegas. When they wear out I will probably have to find something new. Meanwhile, I have 2 unworn pairs of the 36 model. I'm going to try a heel insert in them. Hoping Nike goes back to the old configuration next year.

Old 10-07-2019, 02:52 PM

9,707 posts, read 14,206,718 times
I just bought EXACTLY what I've been looking for since 2017. Made by Easy Street (Comfort Wave) a mule style, with a 2 inch heel.....the most comfy and serviceable shoe I've found in years! I can slip them off with ease if I enter someone's house when it's wet weather, since my job entails going inside various houses. I got them in black and the style is "Calm". The picture doesn't do the shoe justice. They look good with socks and slacks, or leggings and long sweater dresses. Love them! .... like walking on cushions.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,878,848 times
My favorites of all time are these:

https://www.drmartens.com/us/en/p/11837002

They have a decent amount of cushion to them and they don't have an obnoxiously high arch support. I wore them when I had factory floor jobs where I was on my feet 12 hours and never had painful feet. I also have relatively flat feet and love them. My younger sister now has them in her possession and 20+ years later they are still in pretty decent shape.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Yes, that's exactly what it's like. The heel is tender and painful, especially when you first start walking.

I ordered a pair of SoftWalk flats from Zappo's recently and really love them. They feel like slippers.
I see, thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I just bought EXACTLY what I've been looking for since 2017. Made by Easy Street (Comfort Wave) a mule style, with a 2 inch heel.....the most comfy and serviceable shoe I've found in years! I can slip them off with ease if I enter someone's house when it's wet weather, since my job entails going inside various houses. I got them in black and the style is "Calm". The picture doesn't do the shoe justice. They look good with socks and slacks, or leggings and long sweater dresses. Love them! .... like walking on cushions.
I think I've heard of Easy Street, will look into those more, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
My favorites of all time are these:

https://www.drmartens.com/us/en/p/11837002

They have a decent amount of cushion to them and they don't have an obnoxiously high arch support. I wore them when I had factory floor jobs where I was on my feet 12 hours and never had painful feet. I also have relatively flat feet and love them. My younger sister now has them in her possession and 20+ years later they are still in pretty decent shape.
Haven't had doc martens since high school. They were heavy & I don't care for the styles these days. But thank you!

Old 10-10-2019, 10:58 AM

11 posts, read 5,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
I like the Bass penny loafers. I can walk miles in them. They fit my feet perfectly.

I think you should pick an afternoon and go try on a lot of shoes until you find the right pair.
Very good!

Old 10-13-2019, 09:51 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,660,226 times
I don't think very many people know about these shoes. My friend got a pair of them and since we wear the same size, she let me try them out and I fell in love with them. They are super comfortable and I love the way they feel and look. Lots of different styles to try out. I have one pair of them now, but am planning to get some more in different styles.

https://zeealexis.com

Old 10-13-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I don't think very many people know about these shoes. My friend got a pair of them and since we wear the same size, she let me try them out and I fell in love with them. They are super comfortable and I love the way they feel and look. Lots of different styles to try out. I have one pair of them now, but am planning to get some more in different styles.

https://zeealexis.com
Thanks, no, never heard of it, so I'll check them out. That woven design is similar to the brand Bernie Mev shoes, which I've bought a couple of pairs long ago:

Home - Bernie-mev | comfortable shoesBernie-mev | comfortable shoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty