U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 AM

4,668 posts, read 4,435,400 times

Advertisements

I never had a true makeover because I didn't need one. But I did start getting my shirts tailored to a more fitted look, experimented with haircuts, workout often, etc. There are people out there who specialize in this for men and women. Kim Seltzer comes to mind. She seems really good. I talked to her, but I didn't need her for the makeover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 10:24 AM

1,817 posts, read 423,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I liked the guy better before the make-over; I think he looked more masculine. But apparently that is not the look that young women are going for these days.
Most of us still want masculine looking guys IMO...that not only look masculine but act it....

tho there is a trend to be more “gender neutral” with some guys & girls......like girls dressing more boyish & the other way around.......

Old 10-04-2019, 11:56 AM

3,996 posts, read 1,061,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Most of us still want masculine looking guys IMO...that not only look masculine but act it....

tho there is a trend to be more “gender neutral” with some guys & girls......like girls dressing more boyish & the other way around.......
Also deferring too much to one another can cause issues. You think you're being considerate but you're not being a leader, you're not being interesting. Leadership and showing respect are not mutually exclusive of one another...

Old 10-04-2019, 12:06 PM

12,332 posts, read 3,107,139 times
There are a few men in these makeovers. Click each season bar on the right side where it says SEE MORE to drop down more photos for that season

https://jenniferbutlercolor.com/thetestimonials/

Old 10-04-2019, 12:21 PM

10,911 posts, read 16,180,388 times
The entire premise is ridiculously superficial and shallow. Unfortunately, that's how crowd is.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:34 PM

5,491 posts, read 2,506,032 times
I personally like my men a bit rough around the edges & I have always LOVED long hair.

I like crinkles around the eyes, scars, crooked noses & big, bear paw hands with callouses. I'm not saying the polished, metro look is UN-attractive; I'm just saying I prefer 'em rough & tough looking. I'm aware my opinion is not representative of most women.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:49 PM

1,632 posts, read 611,228 times
Obviously, this guy was tired of the women he was attracting and wanted to move it up a notch. His former looks said he was a party dude, and not serious about much. He would have attracted women who shared his views. Now, he looks handsome without all that hair, urban trendy, and I could see him dating a woman more interested in her career than partying.

If that’s what he wants, his new look says he’s on the way. I’d think anyone from eighteen to eighty would want to spruce themselves up if they are out in the dating world.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:59 PM

12,332 posts, read 3,107,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
this guy was tired of the women he was attracting and wanted to move it up a notch. His former looks said he was a party dude, and not serious about much. He would have attracted women who shared his views. Now, he looks handsome without all that hair, urban trendy, and I could see him dating a woman more interested in her career than partying.
That's the point. Who are you attracting based on your appearance? Women who dress like hookers attract men looking for easy sex. Men who look like slobs attract lower tier women who can't do any better.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:06 PM

1,817 posts, read 423,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That's the point. Who are you attracting based on your appearance? Women who dress like hookers attract men looking for easy sex. Men who look like slobs attract lower tier women who can't do any better.
Ita....& masculine looking men in suits are going to attract feminine looking women that like fashion & wearing skirts & dresses....

Like attracts like....so the guys can’t get too carried away on a makeover that is too different for them....or they will attract a different type than they may be looking for.....

Old 10-04-2019, 02:15 PM

27,185 posts, read 30,138,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There are a few men in these makeovers. Click each season bar on the right side where it says SEE MORE to drop down more photos for that season

https://jenniferbutlercolor.com/thetestimonials/
I love makeover before and afters, but most of these are generic, disappointing, and don't reflect the actual person.

The guy with the dreds I think improved. And the woman with the 80s pink power suit. And the hippie arty couple seem to have gotten a makeover that at least seems on theme. Everyone else seems off to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or