U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 08:34 AM

3,771 posts, read 2,298,688 times

Advertisements

Fan di Fendi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 09:13 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,990,933 times
If I had to pick only one:

Azuree by Estee Lauder. Sublime!!

Old 10-10-2019, 09:38 AM

11,190 posts, read 21,781,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Boucheron is lovely. I bought a bottle years ago after my signature fragrance, KL, became unavailable.

I rarely wear fragrance nowadays. The new formulations of old favorites aren't very nice and new ones I tried this year in a fragrance sampler set called "The Scents of Spring" didn't appeal to me, for the most part, either.

Maybe I'll give the samples a second trial. YSL's Black Opium, mentioned above, is one of the vials.
I hate when anything I like gets discontinued! Best advice I have for you is to go to ebay and search for it. If you don't find it, set up a search to be notified when someone lists it. It works.

I've worn Avon honeysuckle since the late 70's. It's been discontinued many times. Whenever they bring it back, my old Avon lady will message me, I'll spend a few hundred dollars stocking up on it. Unfortunately they haven't sold it in 10 years so I go to ebay to buy it. I do have a limit for how much I'll spend on a bottle unless I'm out then I'll pay more but within reason. It's not worth $50 a bottle to me but if I'm desperate, I'll pay $30.

In order for my stash to last longer, I have a few bottles that have a roll on top which works well because I had bought a bunch that weren't a spray so I just dump it into my roll on bottle.

I use Mary Kay Sparkling Honeysuckle shower gel that looks like it's discontinued too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDee View Post
My go to scent is usually Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue but I am looking for a new scent. Any suggestions?
I use Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle spray to make my Avon honey suckle go farther. It doesn't smell as good as the Avon one but the smell is nice. My daughter even uses it. They also have a bath gel that I'll use when I'm out of my Mary Kay honey suckle gel.

My daughter loves some of the scents by Paris Hilton, especially the one named Paris Hilton. She also likes Britney Spears Curious. They also make bath gels which smell nice.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:32 AM

12,121 posts, read 20,721,556 times
Spring/Summer — Jean Nate. Fall/Winter— Estée Lauder Sensuous. All year — Origins Ginger Essence.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:33 AM

12,241 posts, read 17,049,376 times
Romance in Middlesex County by Barrister and Mann (designed for my 30th birthday but available online)
Sikkim Girls by Lush
Bird of Paradise by Thorn + Bloom
Orange Flower Soliflore by Dame Perfume
Orange Sanguine by Atelier
La vie est Belle by Lancome was my signature for years, but I've stopped wearing it quite so much.

I'm saving my pennies for a bottle of Osmanthus by Ormonde Jayne, which is a bit more universally wearable than most of my fragrances but also only available in a large bottle and very pricey. I have lots of fragrances, by most are in smaller packaging.

My partner is a perfumer, so I've really grown to appreciate fragrance as an art form. I tend to prefer smaller brands that I discover at boutiques or find through perfumers I know rather than stuff you get at a department store. Every time we go to a new city, we have to stop at a perfume shop to smell things we don't have ready access to.

On him, I really like Bat by Zoologist or Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Old 10-10-2019, 10:35 AM

13,993 posts, read 25,688,309 times
Shalimar. Always!

Old 10-10-2019, 10:50 AM

1,896 posts, read 446,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Shalimar. Always!

My grandma loves Shalimar......I sent her a bottle in a basket of stuff for Moms day this year......

Old 10-10-2019, 10:55 AM

190 posts, read 273,935 times
CoCo Madam Mademoiselle

Old 10-10-2019, 10:57 AM

3 posts, read 249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
I like “Lovely” by Sarah Jessica Parker.
Me too!

Old 10-10-2019, 01:55 PM

5,616 posts, read 3,048,698 times
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty