Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Thanks for asking MonaLisaVito! Yes, my surgery went well, and I had a great success!
Congratulations, I'm happy to hear everything went well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 05:36 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
but there are many of us who do it for ourselves.
It makes you feel good about yourself? Why?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,600,553 times
Quote:
Yes, I went from about 17% body fat to about 13% body fat, mostly from lifting weights, I already ate healthy and did cardio. I gained major muscle in my upper and lower body. My husband, a physician, says its common for women who lose body fat to lose it everywhere. Maybe once you go below a certain body fat%.

It must be the body fat then. Mine is much higher than yours . I'm 5'8" though, my body fat is 26 percent, which I dropped from 35 percent in six weeks with cardio and lifting weights. I'm still a size 6 though. I don't think I want to go much lower than 22 percent - I guess I should do some more research on body fat to see what is a healthy level for my age and height.

Thanks for the info

Old 04-22-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
It must be the body fat then. Mine is much higher than yours . I'm 5'8" though, my body fat is 26 percent, which I dropped from 35 percent in six weeks with cardio and lifting weights. I'm still a size 6 though. I don't think I want to go much lower than 22 percent - I guess I should do some more research on body fat to see what is a healthy level for my age and height.

Thanks for the info
Sure, and congrats on the % drop- that's great!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:
And for those who say that women only do it for men or for others, thats just ridiculous. I would think as intelligent adults, you would know that blanket statements like that of course are impossible to make. Of course there are some women who do it to make an impression on others, but there are many of us who do it for ourselves. My husband does not care if I do it or not, he is happy either way. But as a supportive husband, he backs me in anything I chose. Ultimately it is a woman's choice and these opinions or judgements will doubtfully affect anyone if thats what they want.
I have always found it hilarious that some men out there think that women dress for them, make up for them, work out for them, in short think its all about them. Growing up is supposed to bring a person to the realization that its a big world out there and its NOT all about them, I guess that concept is lost on SOME people.

I also think its funny that some men out there think they can always tell when a woman has breast implants.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:17 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,149 times
Dont you feel just a little bit creeply knowing your skin was ripped open and plastic garbage was shoved into your body and you are still walking around with something fake in the beautiful body that God gave you? Just for vanity - not something important like a hip replacement.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM

27,332 posts, read 27,385,151 times
I wish medical insurance covered this type of stuff, but being cosmetic, it wont.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Quote:
And for those who say that women only do it for men or for others, thats just ridiculous. I would think as intelligent adults, you would know that blanket statements like that of course are impossible to make. Of course there are some women who do it to make an impression on others, but there are many of us who do it for ourselves. My husband does not care if I do it or not, he is happy either way. But as a supportive husband, he backs me in anything I chose. Ultimately it is a woman's choice and these opinions or judgements will doubtfully affect anyone if thats what they want.
True. Maybe its just me in my little world (Los Angeles) where I see that the majority of women here get them for some reason other than for "themselves". Of course there are the few who do it for themselves (i.e., to help with their self esteem). There are others who do it to attract men, to better their chances at landing a job, to compete with younger women, to compete for opportunities in entertainment, etc.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,654,563 times
I started this thread to get some opinions and feed back on breast implants, and I definetly got what I ask for....
Mixed opinions and diffrent views on how people feel about them. Thanks everybody for your honesty, and openness.
I was just curious, as to how others felt about it.
Bottom line is, I think its your body. For whatever your reasons maybe for getting breast augmentation done, its YOUR choice in life.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
True. Maybe its just me in my little world (Los Angeles) where I see that the majority of women here get them for some reason other than for "themselves". Of course there are the few who do it for themselves (i.e., to help with their self esteem). There are others who do it to attract men, to better their chances at landing a job, to compete with younger women, to compete for opportunities in entertainment, etc.
And some just do it because they can. It's that simple, not everything in life comes from some sort of ulterior motive or deep down psychological reason. I have no self esteem issues, just feel that I sculpt my body through hard work and exercise, if there are parts that I can not change on my own, why not get a bit of assistance in tweeking?

Women color their hair monthly, get botox seasonally (or is it annually) and some opt for plastic surgery. To each his own- do what makes you feel good- as long as you do it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty