Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 06:04 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,172,704 times

Advertisements

https://www.happyfeet.com/Products/F...tbed__896.aspx

Finn Comfort. Expensive but last forever. The entire sole comes out and can be replaced. Love them. I have plantar fasciitis and joint problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Shoes/sandals for flat footed people-- UGH!!-1a670875-dc41-4ccd-85f1-3ed0abb55b15.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 12:53 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,913,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
https://www.happyfeet.com/Products/F...tbed__896.aspx

Finn Comfort. Expensive but last forever. The entire sole comes out and can be replaced. Love them. I have plantar fasciitis and joint problems.
Finns are great shoes. I cannot wear them because the toebox width does not match my foot. But, they are comfortable and supportive. I’ve worn them, but my pinkie toes always hurt when I did. If they fit your foot, you could do much worse.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:54 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,172,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Finns are great shoes. I cannot wear them because the toebox width does not match my foot. But, they are comfortable and supportive. I’ve worn them, but my pinkie toes always hurt when I did. If they fit your foot, you could do much worse.
Oh too bad. Even the sandals? I wear them indoors all year, they are very comfortable for me. I hope you find something that works. It is really hard to get a good fit.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:58 PM

2,755 posts, read 7,376,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttark View Post
Chacos.
I second the recommendation of Chacos. I have two pairs, and I’m wearing one of them right now. They’re the only shoes I’ve found that are comfortable without an orthotic insert. That’s important because I find visible insoles as dorky as dark socks with sandals. They’re also incredibly durable. I go for long walks and bike rides while wearing them and then throw them in the washing machine (gentle cycle) to clean them. Each pair I’ve owned has lasted five years or more, and that’s with wearing them two or three times a week throughout the year. I have purchase mine at REI and via Amazon. They’re also available direct from the company:

https://www.chacos.com/US/en/home

Old 09-12-2020, 02:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,913,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Oh too bad. Even the sandals? I wear them indoors all year, they are very comfortable for me. I hope you find something that works. It is really hard to get a good fit.
The sandals, which I would love to wear, squeeze my foot, rubbing my little toes. It took me a couple of pairs of shoes to figure this out. I love the stability of Finns, and the support. They are fine shoes. I can’t wear Birkenstocks either,

These days I almost always wear Keens, Aetrex or Dansko. I add extra support almost always.

Old 09-12-2020, 06:05 PM

7,663 posts, read 5,373,828 times
According to my podiatrist, the most important thing for shoes is that the sole not be flexible, but rather firm underfoot. Ever since I stopped wearing flexible soles, my feet have felt great.

I have some sandals (slides) dedicated for indoor use and some for outdoor use.

The worst thing for feet, at least as an adult, is going barefoot frequently.

Old 09-12-2020, 06:11 PM

1,154 posts, read 361,908 times
Dansko clogs for the winter, and Mephisto slides for the summer. My feet have never felt better.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:30 AM

11 posts, read 7,359 times
I know about an online shoe store, check out https://shopecs.com/.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:46 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,190,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I have extremely flat feet. Most shoes and sandals are fine. It is a misconception that people with flat feet need a big hump in the middle of the arch. That just gives you plantar fasciitis.
I agree - I've never had trouble with my feet as a kid or adult. In fact, when I was forced to wear shoes with arch supports they really hurt my feet and I couldn't stand them.

OP - do you actually have issues or have you just been told you need to do something special because of your flat feet?

Old 12-30-2020, 03:25 PM

95 posts, read 99,920 times
My feet are so flat that my foot print is rectangular and I'm also a size 13. I usually wear shoes without an arch and put cheap shoe pads inside. It seems to work for me but everyone's foot is different. Doctors had me in shoes with arch supports when I was a kid but thankfully one of them finally told my parents it wasn't helping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty