Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 11:17 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post

Quality lingerie lasts a long time if properly cared for, so I do have a few of what I like to call "investment pieces." (La Perla, I'm looking at you.)

I like La Perla for bras but for something really different & sexy.....I love Agent Provocateur & Bordello but it's expensive & special stuff I have gotten as gifts. If I'm buying tho....I'm not against finding something super cheap & sexy if it's just "night time" lingerie to be different. It's not like it gets worn that much anyways...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 11:24 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
It is a purchase that makes sense.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:13 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
That's one way to repurpose it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I once had a partner who also said that lingerie is not for the women, it's for the men who like to look at them. He bought me lingerie, and he wanted it back when we broke up. He complained if I did not wear it to bed often enough. And oddly enough, toward the end of our relationship I found several pairs of my stockings that had been inexplicably stretched out, ruined, I could no longer wear them. I didn't give it much thought. I never would have guessed what he later admitted, that this manly manly man who was forever on about how "alpha" he was, actually fetishized lingerie to the point that he wanted to wear it himself. Yeah, apparently it's for the men alright.

Anyhow. I think that there are ways to repurpose stuff and there are items you can wear to go out if you want, often depending not only on the nature of the garment, but the kind of activities you go to. I have a sort of...teddy, I guess? It's got the spaghetti straps, fastens with hooks in the back, has boning but no lacing, so I'm not sure it's a corset...it also has the removable garters. Well, it isn't lacy or filmy or see-through. It's black and red and has a design up the front of black skulls on red background. I wore it to metal concerts, when it fit me. I could probably use the material to sew a small purse or something if I wanted.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
That's one way to repurpose it!

Not sure where to post this but I figured some people may try and repurpose their lingerie to try and wear it out? What else can you do with lingerie?

Why were you asking to repurpose it???

Old 04-23-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Why were you asking to repurpose it???
Just curious.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:02 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
repurpose: save for Halloween & go as Madonna.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Just curious.

If it's lingerie like bras you don't want anymore box it up with stuff to sell for charity or goodwill......

Old 04-23-2020, 02:39 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Oh...haha...I've repurposed bras, too. In those unfortunately too-common cases where I bought a bra that seemed like a good fit, but then I tried actually wearing it and was like "oh hell no" because it was a bitey, uncomfortable thing...

So I'm not as well endowed up top since having kids back in the day. I lost about a cup size, which bums me out more than a little. So I had a bra with bitey straps, but nice shaping cups, and I also had a gorgeous bathing suit that unfortunately I just did not feel I ~quite~ filled out the top as I wished. I cut off the straps from the bra, and sewed the cups into the swimsuit for a bit of extra support in the underboob region. It looks far better on me now! (Granted, it was not the kind of swimsuit made of one piece of sleek material for the entire front, it was different pieces of slightly textured "mesh" like material in alternating colors, so that is part of why the outline of the bra is not visible.)

Old 04-23-2020, 02:41 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
From a man’s perspective...it’s good for foreplay if it’s kinda something he likes. A good tease in something which is obviously inviting a “put tab A into slot B” scenario, and has some sort of flair I like is hot. But I think it’s kinda selective...you’d maybe have to buy lingerie for every man you were with...and maybe, yeah, it’s kind of a waste.

You can be dressed in slobby PJ’s too and still make the skyscraper go up. It’s not about your outfit so much as it is about you.

There is nothing so sensual as elegant lingerie in soft colors. It sets a mood regardless of whether one is alone or with a special person.

On the other hand, cheap stuff is, well, cheap stuff and definitely sends a confusing message.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
If it's lingerie like bras you don't want anymore box it up with stuff to sell for charity or goodwill......
I throw my old underwear out. I can't imagine wearing someone else's old underwear so why would anybody want mine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty