Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 06:01 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times

Advertisements

This is my first tattoo that is filled in and coloured. My first one was an outline and the second was favourite quote of mine. Each tattoo has been a learning experience.

Calvin and Hobbes will turn two weeks old on the 2nd. Itching, peeling and the milkiness have subsided for the most part, but there's one little part that is still itchy, still is a bit milky and I think it might be a scab. Calvin's gray jacket. I've been moisturizing two-three times per day and I know it will take a good month for it to heal, but is it normal for certain colours to take longer with healing?
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have a coloured tattoo?-img_20200729_113126.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 07:26 AM

Also, do things take longer to heal in the summer?

Old 07-31-2020, 07:34 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Used to... lol. Well... all the red is gone (which was a good portion of the tat). I knew going in that red faded the fastest and I'm older now and couldn't care less so I let it go. I have the stems and thorns but none of the roses, lol.

I don't recall necessarily the colors taking longer to heal. Maybe the needle went a little farther in in some areas to get the color in there more intensely?

Old 07-31-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Used to... lol. Well... all the red is gone (which was a good portion of the tat). I knew going in that red faded the fastest and I'm older now and couldn't care less so I let it go. I have the stems and thorns but none of the roses, lol.

I don't recall necessarily the colors taking longer to heal. Maybe the needle went a little farther in in some areas to get the color in there more intensely?
That could be the case. I'm still a newbie to the process and it was painless for me, so maybe he did insert the gray a little further. I'm just so glad the itchiness is gone.

How long did your red last? He coloured Hobbes's scarf red and it looks like he packed it in. I was also reading that white doesn't tend to last either - he coloured Hobbes's face in white. I suppose in 20 years I may have to get it touched up.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:56 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I have several colors and they all healed the same.

I think it depends on they artist and your skin and how much you expose it to sun. I would not worry about it.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I have several colors and they all healed the same.

I think it depends on they artist and your skin and how much you expose it to sun. I would not worry about it.
Thanks, Eve. Thinking about it, three weeks was normal for the others to be healed.

I try to avoid the sun since I am pale. I burn and don't tan; if I go to the beach, I apply sun screen every hour and cover up with a surf shirt. I've been making sure to wear sleeves as Calvin and Hobbes heals; I've been making sure not expose them to any UV rays.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:45 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,247,148 times
My really saturated areas have taken longer than others. For example large solid areas of black or grey because the artist went over them over and over to get deep color saturation. You have to be careful in those areas too as they will be the most noticeable if any color comes out. White does fade really fast, like within a few years but youll likely not notice if youre really pale anyway.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:53 AM

1 posts, read 404 times
Default coloured tattoos

I don't have a colour tattoo but i know some information . The colored inks used to be sometimes thicker than black ink, but it's no longer the case, one other reason is that tattoos with colors tend to have more surfaces filled in with solid colors, which makes the tattooing take much longer. The longer it takes for your tattoo, the more it hurt.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:13 AM

That makes sense. Well, it feels pretty much healed now, itching has stopped, as did the flaking. I'm still moisturizing Calvin and Hobbes twice daily.

Calvin and Hobbes took an hour, didn't really hurt at all. My artist is from Basque Country, he ended up teaching me some of the language and we were listening to punk rock in the Basque language. It was a really cool experience. I scrapbooked the experience.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:23 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post

How long did your red last? He coloured Hobbes's scarf red and it looks like he packed it in. I was also reading that white doesn't tend to last either - he coloured Hobbes's face in white. I suppose in 20 years I may have to get it touched up.

Honestly, I can't really recall as it's been a good while but I'm wanting to say that I prob should have gone back for a touch up around the 8 yr mark or so. But there are so many variables on that from person to person, skin types, sun exposure, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty