Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,899,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Fortunately, I don't judge someone's intelligence by their lack of tattoos.....as some do towards those with tattoos.
I have tattoos, and GUESS WHAT....I'm smart, abstinent & drug free!
Who'd thunk it?

Yeah, but we're gonna be all saggy in the nursing home!

Then what's gonna become of us???

Only us though. People without tattoos they're not going to be all saggy in the nursing homes!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:50 PM

9,720 posts, read 14,259,318 times
I don't have any objection to tattoos, in general. What I don't like to see is a largely endowed woman, with an extremely low cut top, showing off mega tattoos. I see nothing attractive about that.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,330 times
I have one tattoo, and it took me two years to finally decide to get it done at the ripe age of 35. My husband was gone for over a year overseas. I had it designed before he left and saved it for if he ever made it home.

When he came home on a stretcher, we both got him well enough to go to the artist and have dual tattoos done.

Sure, it may fade or sag when I am an old lady in a nursing home, but it means a great deal to us. It was custom made and done tastefully.

I don't have to impress anyone else, I am certain of it.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:30 PM

603 posts, read 2,358,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
I have one tattoo, and it took me two years to finally decide to get it done at the ripe age of 35. My husband was gone for over a year overseas. I had it designed before he left and saved it for if he ever made it home.

When he came home on a stretcher, we both got him well enough to go to the artist and have dual tattoos done.

Sure, it may fade or sag when I am an old lady in a nursing home, but it means a great deal to us. It was custom made and done tastefully.

I don't have to impress anyone else, I am certain of it.
What a beautiful story! I hope you're husband is doing better.

Come to think of it, everything will fade or sag on our bodies when we're in a nursing home, so in the big scheme of things, who really cares.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:51 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,945 times
99% of the time they don't look good. Only on a few people (generally rocker chicks) does it actually look good or attractive. I've never seen a larger than average woman with a tattoo that I found attractive at all.

Then there's the tramp stamp. You know who gets around when it's located there. Hell, just get the word "SKANK" tattoo'ed on the back of your neck or forhead?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM

715 posts, read 2,086,818 times
Im not uber liberal by any means, but tattoo on a woman, as long its not over done and in good taste, it can be dang sexy

Old 05-19-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
99% of the time they don't look good. Only on a few people (generally rocker chicks) does it actually look good or attractive. I've never seen a larger than average woman with a tattoo that I found attractive at all.

Then there's the tramp stamp. You know who gets around when it's located there. Hell, just get the word "SKANK" tattoo'ed on the back of your neck or forhead?
Mine is there and I don't "get around". It's very classy, actually. It accentuates MY features very nicely. And, no...I am not a rocker chick and I am not oversized...just a normal mom of three in her 30's. Who'da thunk I'd do it? I didn't...LOL

Old 05-19-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
What a beautiful story! I hope you're husband is doing better.

Come to think of it, everything will fade or sag on our bodies when we're in a nursing home, so in the big scheme of things, who really cares.
Thank you very much for your kind words. My husband had a critical injury but helps other servicemembers and vets in their recovery. Apparently everything happens for a reason and good can come out of bad. We think so, at least.

In the scheme of things, you are so right. I will sag with or without a tattoo!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yeah, but we're gonna be all saggy in the nursing home!

Then what's gonna become of us???

Only us though. People without tattoos they're not going to be all saggy in the nursing homes!

lol isn't that funny how only people with tattoos are gonna be the saggy ones in or out of the nursing homes when they are old ..What the ones without tattoos are going to be all fit when they turn 80? They won't sag a bit or have those little brown spots, or ya won't see the blue veins popping out either? What does people think our skin is different than theirs, because of tattoos.. I duno my skin is still as soft as it was without the tats..It doesn't make your skin any different.
And I really hate to break the news to all the ones who think our skin will sag when we turn old.. well your skin will sag and get old too.. It is just a natural part of getting old.. tattoos or Not! And by then who will care what their tattoos look like..What everyone gonna sit around the nursing home and talk about how their tattoos are sagging.. I doubt it!
What most people don't realize or think about is....You get put in the nursing homes because you usually have alzheimer's or you had a stroke, or a heart attack and too sick to take care of yourselves.. sheesh.. So why is everyone so worried about what people with tattoos will look like by then??

Old 05-20-2008, 06:19 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,899,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
lol isn't that funny how only people with tattoos are gonna be the saggy ones in or out of the nursing homes when they are old ..What the ones without tattoos are going to be all fit when they turn 80? They won't sag a bit or have those little brown spots, or ya won't see the blue veins popping out either? What does people think our skin is different than theirs, because of tattoos.. I duno my skin is still as soft as it was without the tats..It doesn't make your skin any different.
And I really hate to break the news to all the ones who think our skin will sag when we turn old.. well your skin will sag and get old too.. It is just a natural part of getting old.. tattoos or Not! And by then who will care what their tattoos look like..What everyone gonna sit around the nursing home and talk about how their tattoos are sagging.. I doubt it!
What most people don't realize or think about is....You get put in the nursing homes because you usually have alzheimer's or you had a stroke, or a heart attack and too sick to take care of yourselves.. sheesh.. So why is everyone so worried about what people with tattoos will look like by then??
Exactly!!!

Besides they fade anyway. My Dad's you can hardly see now. He's had them for 40 odd years and never had them re-colored. I've only had my two small ones for about 8 years and already I've had one re-colored once. By the time I'm 80, supposing I live that long anyway, I doubt you'll be able to see them hardly at all and seeing as they're on my feet and I'll probably spend my days in slippers anyway I doubt anyone will even notice they're there. Not that I'll care. I'm looking forward to being cantankerous and not caring in my old age anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty