U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 2,203,965 times
Reputation: 509

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you any right to judge people by calling them names.
YEAH! Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you the right to judge. The ability to judge is what gives you the right to judge... and I judge women with tattoos as... skankeeeee!

 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:31 PM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,299 posts, read 1,970,046 times
Reputation: 1031
Default Live & Let Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Ink to paper is thoughtful
Ink to flesh, hard-core.
If Shakespeare were a tattooist
We'd appreciate body art more.
You must also consider though,not everyone is out to try and be 'hard-core' or outrageous or making a statement.
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Norwood, MN
1,828 posts, read 2,345,563 times
Reputation: 846
In some cases they are OK, but to be blunt, it often makes them look like whores, just like certain tattoos on men make them look like rednecks.
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
 
336 posts, read 549,705 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Tattoos are basically nothing more than disfigurement with a little cachet about them, essentially a leisure suit you cannot take off.

I mean, everybody has a questionable fashion moment. But most of your fashion mistakies are hanging in the back of your closet or have long been given away to Goodwill. But a tattoo is an eternal reminder that, once, you really thought that stupid barbed-wire pattern was a really good idea.

What's more, I don't care how cute, adorable, or bad-ass that tattoo looks like now. Give it 5, 10 years, and you'll look like your have some horrible skin disease. Ever seen a tattoo that was applied twenty years ago? Ewwwwwwwww.

So it doesn't matter what your income is, what your education is, or whatever else. A tattoo is a permanent sign that you are not only a skank, but a skank who can't think more than two to three years down the road.
Well, I can say that you must be about the most ignorant person on this thread. I can see down the road, years and years.

To assume that someone is a skank because they have a tattoo is pretty stupid.

I have had my tattoo for 10 years, never had it recolored and it still looks great. I still love it and have never regretted getting it.

I guess I could say you have a problem with long term commitments.
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:37 PM
 
25,087 posts, read 26,884,706 times
Reputation: 34149
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Relpying to Bold part......
You have to be the most ignorant person out there..Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you any right to judge people by calling them names. .. This just goes to show your level of maturity.. in which is very low. Keep up the good work


Ink to paper is thoughtful
Ink to flesh, hard-core.
If Shakespeare were a tattooist
We'd appreciate body art more.
Really. Well, since the title of this thread is "Who Does NOT LIKE TATTOOS on women?" my posting is quite legitimate. The thread wants my opinion on why if find tattoos undesirable and I gave my opinion.

Now, on to my rebuttal. Let's see what about my posting is ignorant...

1) Tattoos don't come off -- Okay, I don't see anything wrong with this statement.
2) Tattoos get worse looking with age -- Hmm, no fallacy here either, based on the tattoos I've seen.
3) Fashion changes -- I think I'm on pretty solid ground here. After all, the entire fashion business is dependent on forcing people to buy new stuff. Yet, because tattoos can't be changed, it's the equivalent of wearing capri pants or a lobster bib tie everyday for the rest of your life. Sure, you can do it, but it kind of makes the wearer look like a halfwit.
4) The Skankiness question -- Here's where I struck a nerve, I believe, given that you have rhapsodic poetry about the subject. I'm also sure that there who justify other unhygienic practices such as not brushing teeth or not bathing more than once a week. That being said, a tattoo just lends the impression of wholesale dirtiness and disease, especially as the tattoo loses its freshness. So, yeah, skankiness pretty much still applies.
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
 
25,087 posts, read 26,884,706 times
Reputation: 34149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
Well, I can say that you must be about the most ignorant person on this thread. I can see down the road, years and years.

To assume that someone is a skank because they have a tattoo is pretty stupid.

I have had my tattoo for 10 years, never had it recolored and it still looks great. I still love it and have never regretted getting it.

I guess I could say you have a problem with long term commitments.
Given that I've been married 17 years, I don't have an issue with commitment at all. Just skankiness.

Getting back to your argument, rationalization is a very powerful thing.

For example, I work with a woman who is 52, weighs at least 190 pounds, and still wears a miniskirt. The entire world thinks she looks ridiculous. Actually, when she's wearing too much makeup, she looks like Mimi, the nightmarish colleague on the Drew Carey Show.

Yet, somehow, she's rationalized her way into believing that she's the hottest woman on the planet. She outrageously flirts with men on the phone and online, yet can't understand why, once she finally meets them in the flesh, she can't get a date.

However, when a couple of people in the office, after being asked, said that her dress, makeup and weight constituted a real problem, she went ballistic on them.

Your argument kind of reminds me of her.

Last edited by cpg35223; 05-20-2008 at 02:01 PM..
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee, WI
603 posts, read 1,465,026 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
Thank you very much for your kind words. My husband had a critical injury but helps other servicemembers and vets in their recovery. Apparently everything happens for a reason and good can come out of bad. We think so, at least.

In the scheme of things, you are so right. I will sag with or without a tattoo!
Good for him, God bless him and the work he does with the vets.
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
815 posts, read 2,070,262 times
Reputation: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
You must also consider though,not everyone is out to try and be 'hard-core' or outrageous or making a statement.
Ughhhh it was just a quote.. not meaning that all tattoos are hardcore.. My tattoos are NOT by no means hardcore.. My hubbys tats aren't hardcore either.. neither are our friends.. the saying was nothing more than a quote..There are lots of beautiful tattoos out there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
YEAH! Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you the right to judge. The ability to judge is what gives you the right to judge... and I judge women with tattoos as... skankeeeee!
"Judge to be Judged" You judge people because they have tattoos and you don't even know them. I think you say that about women because it's a way for you to feel a little bit better about yourself. It is your choice not to like people with or without tattoos.. but there is no reason for you to call people names because of it.. that's just childish!!
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
 
4,592 posts, read 5,885,166 times
Reputation: 7411
I just hate going to a class, with everybody sitting in folding chairs. Usually, I'm stuck sitting behind some women, with low cut jeans showing their 'beautiful' butterfly tattoos on their butts. It actually makes me want to gag. How nasty!

Last edited by rdlr; 05-20-2008 at 02:42 PM..
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 2,203,965 times
Reputation: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
I think you say that about women because it's a way for you to feel a little bit better about yourself.
No, my sweet. Women and fancypants-guys get catty to compensate for their sense of inadequacy. I'm telling you how it is: Decent guys think women with tatts are classless and only good for one thing... and only good for that once or for convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top