Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 12:30 PM

2,038 posts, read 4,551,924 times

Advertisements

I have always hated having my picture taken. I feel I look awful in all of them. However, my DL photos have actually been some of the best ones. Even my most recent isn't too bad with the all the new gray hair and sagging jowls of old age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 01:23 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
After having the same DL pic for ten years, I finally had to go in in person for the renewal because of REALID. I got it in the mail and I hate it. I look terrible; it's a flat black and white photo and I look old and angry. It's a PITA to get a DL in Texas so I'm going back and forth about whether it's really worth it to go back to the office just to get a duplicate DL because of a stupid photo. It's such a trivial thing but I dislike looking so horrible in the ID I use for everything, and TX drivers licenses are good for 8 years. Has anyone else dealt with this?
Drive slow and safely and you will never have to show it to anyone. Stop looking at it or put tape over it and do the driving safely thing and no one will see it.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:33 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,436,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDavid View Post
1ST WORLD PROBLEM

Besides a Cop, Who in the World will you ever show your Driver's License?

You should worry about more important things.

I am so sick of hearing this crap.

Do you honestly feel that USA is still.a first world country? Wake up!

Old 01-29-2021, 01:40 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
After having the same DL pic for ten years, I finally had to go in in person for the renewal because of REALID. I got it in the mail and I hate it. I look terrible; it's a flat black and white photo and I look old and angry. It's a PITA to get a DL in Texas so I'm going back and forth about whether it's really worth it to go back to the office just to get a duplicate DL because of a stupid photo. It's such a trivial thing but I dislike looking so horrible in the ID I use for everything, and TX drivers licenses are good for 8 years. Has anyone else dealt with this?
OMG, I FEEL your pain.

The worst one I had was after a bad haircut where the lady basically scalped me... it was awful.
And, you have to live with them for 10 years.

I kept saying that I was going to lose it so I could try again...

Old 01-29-2021, 04:39 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
OMG, I FEEL your pain.

The worst one I had was after a bad haircut where the lady basically scalped me... it was awful.
And, you have to live with them for 10 years.

I kept saying that I was going to lose it so I could try again...
These days, in Texas at least, if you lose a license and get a duplicate, they just use the last picture you had if it's recent. Those pictures are stored in their database.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:24 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Don't show it to anyone.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:47 PM

1,936 posts, read 700,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
At the liquor store, for one. Doctor's office for another.
Most fashion/beauty concerns ARE "1ST WORLD PROBLEMs" wouldn't you say? Perhaps you've wandered into the wrong forum?
Also, I have to show it at the bank. I like my enhanced driver's license photo now better than the old one.
My face in the old one looked swollen due to some medication I had to take at that time. Oy.

I need to renew my passport. I want that to look decent. Not sure if they'll let me smile this time, last time -
they said not to. I want to say cheese !

Old 01-29-2021, 08:25 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
This thread popped on the side bar to the right, so I had to come see what it was all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
Years ago I had a great drivers license photo
When I went in for renewal I asked if I could keep it
I meant for my next drivers license but they cut it out and just handed it to me
This is hilarious. It's like those sites that used to show really bad cake decorations where the cake decorator would take the person's order literally. The person would be on the phone telling the bakery what they wanted the writing to say, and the cake decorator would put every word on there the person said, when it was pretty obvious the person was just adding a commentary not meant for the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
It's not just you in Texas ... I'll trade you for yours ... I'm in Florida!

I never volunteer to show mine! I have the same story as you - mine was updated and looks horrible!
I agree with this. Of all of the places I've lived, my DL photo in FL was the worst. I typically somehow manage to take pretty decent photos for DL and passports, but my FL license - I looked like I had just crawled out from the Outback after 2 years in the wilderness alone.

I was so happy when I got to get a new license with new photo in a new state after I moved.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:23 PM

206 posts, read 184,371 times
Who cares how i look on my drivers license

Old 01-29-2021, 09:27 PM

496 posts, read 395,293 times
I’m sixty seven. Last year I had to have a new photo for my dL. The gal took the pic and asked if I wanted to use that one or have it retaken. I told her it was probably bad and didn’t think it would improve. She looked at it and said, no it’s not bad, actually it’s quite good. When she handed it to me I was just anxious to get on with my day so I slipped it in my wallet. Later when I was having lunch I looked at it and she was right. It was actually the best dL photo I ever had. I had a big smile on my face and I looked really good. Both of my daughters said it was the best dL photo they had seen. I actually think it was the fact that I was smiling that lit up my face.I can tell you from now on I will have a big smile on my face every time I have a pic taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty