Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 10:08 AM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
As a guy, I like the Levi's 511, l like the way they have just enough stretch in them and I think look better on me than the 505s I used to buy.
511 is my favorite too. And that's why I'm willing to pay more for Levi's vs an offbrand because the better fabric and fit allows for a less floppy fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 05:05 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
511 is my favorite too. And that's why I'm willing to pay more for Levi's vs an offbrand because the better fabric and fit allows for a less floppy fit.
Well, I got mine on the Levi's web page and they ran discount offers which made them rather affordable. :-)

Old 10-21-2021, 08:33 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Glass View Post
You need to realize that certain clothes have certain purposes and if you don’t wear what’s suitable for the occasion you look foolish.

Quote:
Boot cut is a style that was created to wear with certain kinds of boots.

Quote:
If you don’t own a pair or boot cut, clam digger, and every other style of jeans that means that you are not a well rounded person.

Ita about dressing fashionably for the occasion…even for working out in yoga pants & a cropped tee. EDIT: BUT there is no occasion…for me…that Ariat jeans, western wear or a visit to Boot Barn is needed. AND…I do wear fashion & ankle boots ofc with different styles of boyfriend jeans or straight…or with skirts, even LBDs.

BUT that’s the thing about having our own style…we don’t have to wear something we don’t like. I do have a couple of pairs of flared jeans….including vintage hi rise flare & even a pair of Levi’s rib cage. I like them & get a lot of compliments on them, but they are not western wear & I don’t wear western style boots. I like wearing a cropped jacket with them…it contrasts the long wide flare silhouette. They are actually more dressy…especially paired with a pointed heel.

AND there is a difference in styles & how jeans are worn or with what….flare or bootcut. It’s not the same fit.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-21-2021 at 09:15 AM..

Old 10-21-2021, 02:37 PM

Vintage flare is a different style than the ugly relaxed fit of mom jeans. There are lots of styles of flare jeans & they are totally different fits than an old “classic” bootcut.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-21-2021 at 04:06 PM..

Old 11-06-2021, 01:28 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ew...western look & boot flare. No wonder I never heard of them.
Oops, I already posted the same thing months ago....

Old 11-15-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I'm female and have a heck of a time finding jeans that fit me properly. Or any pants, for that matter. I have hips. LOL. Usually higher end stuff fits me well if I can first find the right size. I did order a pair of Ariat jeans online - which I don't normally do, but they have free returns so I thought it was worth a shot. However, a subsequent email said they were out of stock, so no jeans from them. Yes, they are a western brand but I figure jeans are jeans. And I think they make both mens and women's clothing.

O.P….did you ever get the Ariat jeans you wanted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty