Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 09:00 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times

Advertisements

I trim mine but would not shave completely, I think it looks neater. BTW, I do manscape other parts of my body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 09:33 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
I don't understand these kinds of questions, TBH. Why don't people do what they want with their own personal grooming and just find others who accept that?

I have a horse, play piano, and I do a lot of gardening, and my nails will always be clean and short with no polish because my lifestyle is completely incompatible with fancy nails. I would have to be tinkering with, fixing, or replacing them daily. If a man is bothered that I don't have dragon-lady acrylic nails, why would I want him? He clearly doesn't respect my needs and personal wishes about my own body. It's the same with whatever a man wants to do with his underarm hair. Whatever he does, he has his reasons and that's the end of it.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:50 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times
Love a man that isn't hairy. Nothing worse than having a gross man hair in my mouth.

Also, if I have to, than my man needs to...

No tighty whiteys either!

Old 08-11-2021, 11:37 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
A girl is a female human under the age of adulthood.

Why do you care what a girl thinks about armpit hair?

Kids can be cruel.
You’re taking that definition far too literally. A girl, is any person that is female. Yes, girl can be used as a placeholder term to refer to any and all women.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:34 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post

No tighty whiteys either!
You just haven' t met the right man yet.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:03 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
You’re taking that definition far too literally. A girl, is any person that is female. Yes, girl can be used as a placeholder term to refer to any and all women.
That is incorrect. It's important that men understand the difference.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:27 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
I guess it's generational. When I was a young-un, girls and young women liked their men's bodies to look like men's bodies. Hairy, lean and muscular - with consideration to their genetics - Asian guys never get very hairy. The idea of guys shaving off their body hair would have been considered remarkably freakish, unless one were a competitive bodybuilder.

Now they want them to look like boys, except for the giant beards.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:43 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I guess it's generational. When I was a young-un, girls and young women liked their men's bodies to look like men's bodies. Hairy, lean and muscular - with consideration to their genetics - Asian guys never get very hairy. The idea of guys shaving off their body hair would have been considered remarkably freakish, unless one were a competitive bodybuilder.

Now they want them to look like boys, except for the giant beards.
There's also documented evidence that things are indeed not the same at all as they were decades ago. I like to sum it up as the High T era vs. the Low T era:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhow...h=4b2ecec8b7fd

Old 08-12-2021, 09:59 AM

1,226 posts, read 633,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Could be generational of course. I'm in my sixties - from a generation where long hair on men was a big deal - the scruffier the better.

I don't think men need to be "man-scaped." I think they're fine just the way they are but you know your age group so go with what's right for you
All this “man scrapping” is time consuming, and self imposed feminization. It could be peer pressure due to age. What happened to men who march to the beat of their own drum? I think that men who tweeze their eyebrows to the point where they always look surprised looks very unnatural, but to each his own.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:24 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
What happened to men who march to the beat of their own drum?
I think he still exists but has limp wrists from overuse syndrome.

These days days guys need to get with the program and leave that nose hair ear wax foot cheese jive back in the day. Or else NO HONEY for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty