Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 09:48 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Why would it be? You turn the pants inside out and the fabric just goes from convex to concave. Same amount of fabric, same amount of curvature, same side of the garment (meaning the back still remains the back).
Sorry - guess the image in my mind had me turning it around from front to back rather than inside out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 01:50 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
Reversible clothing seems to crop up every few decades, trying to make old new again.

I don't think it works very well. Two layers in one garment takes twice the fabric, more than twice the labor, and will weigh twice as much as a single layer garment. If one side gets stained or damaged, it's still there.

Jackets are an exception, since they are often made with multiple layers anyway.
I have one; I almost never wear it, and always with the same side out.

It would be more practical if made from a single layer of fabric that looks good from both sides.

I'm wearing (at this very moment) a dress that reverses back to front. I made a couple as beach dresses, so I can just pull one on without having to figure it out. Obviously very loose and shapeless, but comfy for hanging out at home.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:05 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
As long as they're washed, I guess all would be well.

Keeping it real, let's say a person wears pants twice before washing.
Reversible pants, I'd say should be worn after every time they're worn.

I'd never reverse the pants to the other side and wear the part that was next to my crotch on the outside without washing them first.
Me neither.

I've had a reversible hunting jacket, basically one side was blaze orange and the other camo.

I have two reversible sun/fishing shirts, but can't say I wear them twice, though I'll wear either side out depending what I'm doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty