Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:23 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,424 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have this problem? Anything help? I saw this expensive eye cream with caffeine at the mall (Lancome). I have heard of "cucumbers" but I am looking for something I could use in the mornings to relieve this. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Right now I am using Origins No Puffery. I keep it in the fridge so it is nice and cold in the AM then I apply Origins Eye Doctor. It does help.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Thanks crazy! Whats the price if you don't mind me asking? I have seen Origins products at Macys.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,290 times
Oh my goodness where do I start on the advice? This is my #1 beauty issue. I'd like that guy who posted about no cosmetic assistance to come visit me the morning of my cycle when I look like a mole, and then after my various fixes. The morning of my second wedding, the one when my intended wished me to appear in white dress and veil like a vestal virgin, my eyes were all puffed up and bleary from the stress of being a 29 yr old exhausted single mother of two. But I digress, I applied preperation H thinly over my eye area,rinsed it off after a couple of hours (older brides need an evening wedding)and then placed refrigerated chamomile tea bags on my eyes for a while. I have also used ice the morning after a crying jag.Some eye cream and cover up, and I decided not to cancel the photographer after all.
For years I used Origins No Puffery gel morning and night, which is awesome for puffiness only,now I use Serious Skincare (HSN) Hi-Brite which also lessens dark circles, both products were $30.00 last time I checked, I am sure you can get Lancome and Estee Lauder eye creams that cost more.
Also, before a special evening or event, I limit salt and caffeine because they cause water retention. Prep H is not good for daily use I hear, and it is greasy, but I keep it on hand for those really bad mornings. Just rinse it off before applying make up. I have found a terrific creamy eye concealer ,Neutrogena Skin Soothers a concealing wand with brush that I apply just under my baggy area, not on the bags. It is a great product that blends easily and can be worn without make-up or with. Then I put a little dab just under my lower lashes, and in the outer corners.
Also, it helps to have a really good eyebrow when you have puffy eyes, it helps draw the eye up, even more than eyeshadow.I don't think tons of shadow looks good on puffy eyes, and I only use shimmers when my eyes are in good shape.
Good luck! Now to go ball that "makeup is so evil" guy out....naw, I won't bother.....

Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
I think it was around $40.00 but will probably last the year. If you go in there, they will give you samples that will last about a week. If you like it, then go back.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
Oh my goodness where do I start on the advice? This is my #1 beauty issue. I'd like that guy who posted about no cosmetic assistance to come visit me the morning of my cycle when I look like a mole, and then after my various fixes. The morning of my second wedding, the one when my intended wished me to appear in white dress and veil like a vestal virgin, my eyes were all puffed up and bleary from the stress of being a 29 yr old exhausted single mother of two. But I digress, I applied preperation H thinly over my eye area,rinsed it off after a couple of hours (older brides need an evening wedding)and then placed refrigerated chamomile tea bags on my eyes for a while. I have also used ice the morning after a crying jag.Some eye cream and cover up, and I decided not to cancel the photographer after all.
For years I used Origins No Puffery gel morning and night, which is awesome for puffiness only,now I use Serious Skincare (HSN) Hi-Brite which also lessens dark circles, both products were $30.00 last time I checked, I am sure you can get Lancome and Estee Lauder eye creams that cost more.
Also, before a special evening or event, I limit salt and caffeine because they cause water retention. Prep H is not good for daily use I hear, and it is greasy, but I keep it on hand for those really bad mornings. Just rinse it off before applying make up. I have found a terrific creamy eye concealer ,Neutrogena Skin Soothers a concealing wand with brush that I apply just under my baggy area, not on the bags. It is a great product that blends easily and can be worn without make-up or with. Then I put a little dab just under my lower lashes, and in the outer corners.
Also, it helps to have a really good eyebrow when you have puffy eyes, it helps draw the eye up, even more than eyeshadow.I don't think tons of shadow looks good on puffy eyes, and I only use shimmers when my eyes are in good shape.
Good luck! Now to go ball that "makeup is so evil" guy out....naw, I won't bother.....
Thanks fabumon for all of the advice. Umm cut yorself some slack I can cry for two minutes and end up looking like a stuffed turkey by the face (thanks to my lovely allergies)...and I have chamomile tea that I drink to relax..now I have 2 uses for the price of 1 With all of your intense morning regimens I am sure you look FABulous and thanks crazy for the price...I think the Lancome was twice as much

Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,652 times
How about applying Prep-H under your eyes in the morning?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times
Funny .. I remember hearing something recently about the prep-h thing also .. must have been on the radio.

Have you tried slicing a couple of thin slices of cold cucumber and pressing them onto your closed eyes for a couple of minutes? Feels good. Might help? .. and it's cheap!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post
Funny .. I remember hearing something recently about the prep-h thing also .. must have been on the radio.

Have you tried slicing a couple of thin slices of cold cucumber and pressing them onto your closed eyes for a couple of minutes? Feels good. Might help? .. and it's cheap!
Actually I would not mind doing this in the evening....for pressing them on my eyes for 2 minutes would encourage me to lay down for 2 minutes or more (I am horrible with snooze).

And thanks Sheps for the Prep-H recommendation. I do not have any of this at home- I was thinking of doing the chamomile thing (thanks FAB) and origins combo but heck I need all the help I can get. Its on the puffy eye emergency list

Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,290 times
Another good one is Olay Total Effects eye cream, which I gave to my mom and have not replaced-it de-puffs, moisturizes and acts as a light concealer.My mom liked it because she is not a make-up person, and it is one step does all. Pushkins wife, thanks for the complement, but the fabulocity only happens, say once every 2-3 months if I am lucky to go out. I'm not doin' all this daily. I do the hi-brite cream, which is great for the circles as well as the puff nightly, and the concealer most mornings.
Good luck in your quest for less puff. I once read that Catherine Zeta Jones will not let water touch her eyes, even for a shower, I guess not to puff up her peepers.Now that's hi maintenence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty