Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM

271 posts, read 1,061,185 times

Advertisements

UPDATE

Well i had my tummy-tuck done last tuesday. Got rid of 2lbs, i know not much, but i didn't have much fat, it was mostly just loose skin and stretch marks from pregnancy.

I now have a flat tummy, and a new belly button. I turn 41 next week, can't wait to go out and show off my new tummy along with my new boobies.

As for the whole experience, anyone considering either surgeries, definately due it, it is soooooo worth it. Never thought my body could get back to the stage it is now.

I can tell you that as far as pain goes, i only experienced minimal the first two days, but relieved with pain meds. It's mostly just an uncomfortable feeling. I only used pain med the first 4 days, after that just tylenol did the job. The drain that is placed is not bad at all, i thought that was going to be horrible and gross but didn't even bother me. The worst part of the whole experience is sleeping, verrrrrrry uncomfortable and not being able to take a real shower. I still have to wear the girdle for about a month and i still have swelling around pelvic area. I really thought it was going to be much, much worse, i was really nervous, but man, not bad at all.

cost $8,300, results...........priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 10:19 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
I dont trust women who had babies and say things are not painful.....

lol (yes im joking)

How long do you have to go without a shower for each of the OPs?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
We are all awaiting word on the tumm tuck procedure that you WERE going to have and then had to reschedule. I'm still contemplating it but while waiting to hear about your surgery I have a question!

Has anyone ever utilized the site called Doctors Say Yes? I think the jist of the site is that you can find a board certified doc to do your procedure but apparently the twist is that you can find a doc who is basically willing to work within your budget which I know, I KNOW it sounds shady but you have to look at it this way, how many people can truly afford plastic surgery, and if people aren't affording plastic surgery that means the surgeons aren't making any money so while some of you may think, hmm this sounds shady, I say well the docs have to make a living too! Anyone ever heard of the site / program or better yet, used it?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
No I havent but I knew there used to be a place called Jayhawk that financed it.
You could just take out a personal loan. If you cant afford it..Dont get it. There could be addition surgery needed and if you are broke...then what?
Ya know?

Just something to think about ( i do anyway)

Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I dont trust women who had babies and say things are not painful.....

lol (yes im joking)

How long do you have to go without a shower for each of the OPs?
10 freaking lonnnnnng days without a shower, talk about nasty, stinky, especially in our 110 degrees were having where i live. I was able to do sponge baths but you know it just isn't the same, i need to have water pouring down my head.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
We are all awaiting word on the tumm tuck procedure that you WERE going to have and then had to reschedule. I'm still contemplating it but while waiting to hear about your surgery I have a question!

Has anyone ever utilized the site called Doctors Say Yes? I think the jist of the site is that you can find a board certified doc to do your procedure but apparently the twist is that you can find a doc who is basically willing to work within your budget which I know, I KNOW it sounds shady but you have to look at it this way, how many people can truly afford plastic surgery, and if people aren't affording plastic surgery that means the surgeons aren't making any money so while some of you may think, hmm this sounds shady, I say well the docs have to make a living too! Anyone ever heard of the site / program or better yet, used it?

Andrea, did you miss my update above? I know what you mean about the cost, yes it is extremely expensive, i've waited over 10yrs to have this done. I too conteplated going somewhere cheap, but at the end i decided this wasn't the place i was willing to skimp money on. I don't have insurance and if something were to happen i would be screwed. I think also you have to look at your body and your skin type and all that, i have bad, stretchy skin and i needed lot more detail done, my doctor took 4hrs alone on my breast, i'm really glad i went with someone good, and reputable. He is board certified and one of the best in my area.

Little story though, yesterday since i was finally able to take a shower i decided to get a little make over you know, hair and stuff. Anyways went to a new salon and the girl wanted to wet my hair and i told i didn't think i'd be able to lean back cus of what i had done, so anyways that got everyone in there talking. The owners of the salon are two sisters and their mom. Turns out all of them have had extensive work done on themselves too. they found a doctor in Mexico that theyve been going to for years and have had alllllll kinds of stuff done. Their tummy-tuck cost them 4k where mine cost 8,300k, now that's a bargain.
they go all the time and have botox and all kinds of stuff, Now see, seeing their work i wouldn't be so hesistant to go to someone like that.

Well, girl believe me, i understand where you are coming from, sometimes we want something so bad that we are willing to take the risk, i know i've been like that. Look into i think it's called credit care, they are loans for medical stuff that you can apply thru the doctor, i was going to go thru it, but i was fortunate enough to have this given to me as a gift, nothing will ever top this gift, that's for sure.

girl, you can ask me anything you want, pm me if you want.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:00 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Congrats and thanks for the update! You go girl!!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
Andrea, did you miss my update above? I know what you mean about the cost, yes it is extremely expensive, i've waited over 10yrs to have this done. I too conteplated going somewhere cheap, but at the end i decided this wasn't the place i was willing to skimp money on. I don't have insurance and if something were to happen i would be screwed. I think also you have to look at your body and your skin type and all that, i have bad, stretchy skin and i needed lot more detail done, my doctor took 4hrs alone on my breast, i'm really glad i went with someone good, and reputable. He is board certified and one of the best in my area.

Little story though, yesterday since i was finally able to take a shower i decided to get a little make over you know, hair and stuff. Anyways went to a new salon and the girl wanted to wet my hair and i told i didn't think i'd be able to lean back cus of what i had done, so anyways that got everyone in there talking. The owners of the salon are two sisters and their mom. Turns out all of them have had extensive work done on themselves too. they found a doctor in Mexico that theyve been going to for years and have had alllllll kinds of stuff done. Their tummy-tuck cost them 4k where mine cost 8,300k, now that's a bargain.
they go all the time and have botox and all kinds of stuff, Now see, seeing their work i wouldn't be so hesistant to go to someone like that.

Well, girl believe me, i understand where you are coming from, sometimes we want something so bad that we are willing to take the risk, i know i've been like that. Look into i think it's called credit care, they are loans for medical stuff that you can apply thru the doctor, i was going to go thru it, but i was fortunate enough to have this given to me as a gift, nothing will ever top this gift, that's for sure.

girl, you can ask me anything you want, pm me if you want.

I'm with you, this isn't something I would dare skimp on for sure. I was just curious about the normal things people ask about. I totally missed the update post but just read it. Yay you!!! I've been talking more and more to my fiance about it and he says if it's what i want to do then do it. Just do it when I have the time to recuperate! My MIL is awesome, she has botox done and just went to Hopkins to see the docs there about having some work done, she is checking on tummy tucks there for me as well. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we both had work done together??!! LOL

Anyway, thanks for the updates, I love hearing about everyone having such good results and the honesty about the recuperation period. I think because I have horses, i'd need to do something with them for a few months. I don't see me being able to lift, work, ride etc... so that is my only hold up right now giving them up to friends for a few months.

I will eventually have it done though - I do see it happening and any surgical procedure I've ever gone through, I pull through pretty good - I think having a positive attitude during before and after helps a lot.

Thanks again ladies!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,997 times
Hi guys, My name is Daniele and I'm from Canada. I have my tummy-tuck scheduled for January '09 and I'm travelling all the way to Poland to have it done. I'm happy with the medical offer I got, I like how the clinic is equipped and how it looks like in general, the location is convenient etc. But I'm currently getting a bit nervous about the whole trip .. or maybe it's excitement ? In any case, I thought I would get some support from people who chose to have their surgery abroad. I would really appreciate it. I was also wondering if any of you by any chance heard of Medtrip.eu from Gdansk ? I actually managed to get to some of their patients that completed dental treatment and they were very satisfied, but I'm still looking for someone who had any kind of surgery with Medtrip. If you heard anything about Medtrip, please please let me know, I would be extremely grateful ! Thank you, Daniele

Old 05-27-2012, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,509 times
I just had a breast reduction and a tummy tuck. I had it Thurs and today is Sunday. I am not on any pain meds. I dont think the pain was that bad. I too had the pouch from children and was a DD-E as of now I am still a DD but so much perkier. The doctor thinks I may go down to a D when all the swelling is done. The tubes are not that bad. I am wearing sweat pants with pockets and putting them in there. I am amazed and estatic so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty