U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
 
271 posts, read 931,321 times
Reputation: 173

Advertisements

I am scheduled to have a tummy-tuck next week.

I'd like to know what other people's experience has been with this procedure. Any advice, suggestions, or things that you did that helped with the recovery time?

What was the worst part of the procedure?..........is it the pain?......i tolerate pain pretty well, what i'm having issues with is the thought of the drainage tubes that will be placed, i have a weak stomach and just the thought of it grosses me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2008, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
5,131 posts, read 12,840,364 times
Reputation: 7245
My good friend had one--did her a world of good. The worst part (she says) is the "girdle" you have to wear afterward, to hold everything tight and in place. Weeks...she HATED that!
Yes--it will be painful, but it won't last forever! Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2008, 01:42 PM
 
14,988 posts, read 26,816,369 times
Reputation: 18269
I thought that the drainage tubes were the worst part. Before surgery try to get one of those old lady housecoats (dusters?) in a big size that have the pockets on the front of the pelvis. After surgery you can wear the duster backwards and place the tubes in the pockets rather than have to fool with pinning the tubes on your clothes or underwear.

My doctor inserted timed release pain meds in my tummy tuck that helped tremendously. Just don't try to do too much too fast and remember that swelling will go down over time, so don't be upset if you seem puffy. Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2008, 07:23 PM
 
4,721 posts, read 13,673,825 times
Reputation: 4685
My sister had one, said pain was far less then she fearedl (she took her drugs) and once her drains were out, it was just waiting for healing. She could not do much for a few weeks nor could she stand straight, she seemed always bent over. She also complained that she couldnt take a deep breath for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Alabama!
5,805 posts, read 15,572,150 times
Reputation: 4273
Lucky you!
My friend, who's a nurse, said the worst part was the girdle and physical therapy - stretching that tightened skin.
Keep thinking of how great you'll look! She is close to 60 and looks more like 30...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA
5,077 posts, read 12,780,485 times
Reputation: 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
I am scheduled to have a tummy-tuck next week.

I'd like to know what other people's experience has been with this procedure. Any advice, suggestions, or things that you did that helped with the recovery time?

What was the worst part of the procedure?..........is it the pain?......i tolerate pain pretty well, what i'm having issues with is the thought of the drainage tubes that will be placed, i have a weak stomach and just the thought of it grosses me out.

I'm so envious, I'm not kidding. This is the one and only procedure I'd ever want to have. After having two huge babies, lots of weight gain and then loss, I'm left with that sagging pouch which drives me nuts. Mind you, I can hide it well but it's always a source of frustration for me. I just want it gone and all the sit ups and crunches can't fix over stretched skin! I can't wait to hear all about it!! In the meantime, can you tell me some more information about it? The cost, the recuperation time, etc..? I'd love to know more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 05:54 PM
 
271 posts, read 931,321 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm so envious, I'm not kidding. This is the one and only procedure I'd ever want to have. After having two huge babies, lots of weight gain and then loss, I'm left with that sagging pouch which drives me nuts. Mind you, I can hide it well but it's always a source of frustration for me. I just want it gone and all the sit ups and crunches can't fix over stretched skin! I can't wait to hear all about it!! In the meantime, can you tell me some more information about it? The cost, the recuperation time, etc..? I'd love to know more.

Here's an update, i was scheduled for 5/28/08, i was to have both a breast lift and a tummy-tuck. At the last minute as my doctor was doing all his markings on my breast, he told me he was not going to do the tummy-tuck at that time. I have a form of anemia called Thalassemia, and my surgeon was concerned that if i happened to loose too much blood he would have to put me in the hospital and have a blood transfusion and he didn't want to take that risk. Needless to say i was bummed cus i wanted to get both things done and over with.

Anyways, my breast look great, i'm 40yrs old and i can't remember a time when they actually looked so good and perky. I was a D cup before the surgery, a very droopy d cup, i am still a d cup, only now i have perky d's.
Anyone thinking of having this done, it is so worth it. As far as pain goes, i hardly had any, little aches and pains nothing that pain med couldn't take care of. Had no nausea whatsoever, dr spent 4hrs on my breast, i tell him he performed a miracle.

As for the tummy-tuck, i'm now scheduled for july 1, so i will give an update after that. I'm not too worry about the pain, since i have a pretty high tolerance for pain, it's just those drainage tubes that gross me out.....funny cus i work in the medical field, doesnt bother me with patients, but with myself, whole different story. But i do hear, that this is the most painful type of plastic surgery that one can have, so we'll see how i do, hopefully it will go as smooth as the BL.

As for cost each surgery was cost $8,300 for total of $16,500, that includes anesthesia, follow up appointments, everything.

My doctor is board certified, and as far as i'm concerned in my area the best. I was thinking of going out of town, somewhere cheap, but you know, your body is not the place you want to skimp money on.

Anyways, im so happy with my new tatas, and excited and can't wait till july 1st.

thanx all for your input and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM
 
845 posts, read 2,439,266 times
Reputation: 519
Glad to hear that everything went well! Good luck with your next surgery. I myself have thought about a tummy tuck and breast reduction. I want to go from a DD to a C. It is just not something I can afford right now but hopefully in the near future I will be able to. How long did it take for you to recover and for everything the heal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 01:30 PM
 
271 posts, read 931,321 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgator View Post
Glad to hear that everything went well! Good luck with your next surgery. I myself have thought about a tummy tuck and breast reduction. I want to go from a DD to a C. It is just not something I can afford right now but hopefully in the near future I will be able to. How long did it take for you to recover and for everything the heal?

Actually, i was up and around the next day, i went to see the doctor and from there even went to target. Considering the extensive work that he did, it is major reconstruction, i'm extremely surprised at how well i did. I saw the doctor again today and he stated i am healing really well.

I can honestly say, i hardly experienced any pain, i think i took the pain meds just for 3 days, the worst part was the laying on my back, you cant sleep on your side, and i'm not used to sleeping on my back, i think that bothered me more than the actual pain.

I know what you mean about the cost, this was something i've been wanting for over 10yrs, it is soooooo worth it, i would definately do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA
5,077 posts, read 12,780,485 times
Reputation: 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
Here's an update, i was scheduled for 5/28/08, i was to have both a breast lift and a tummy-tuck. At the last minute as my doctor was doing all his markings on my breast, he told me he was not going to do the tummy-tuck at that time. I have a form of anemia called Thalassemia, and my surgeon was concerned that if i happened to loose too much blood he would have to put me in the hospital and have a blood transfusion and he didn't want to take that risk. Needless to say i was bummed cus i wanted to get both things done and over with.

Anyways, my breast look great, i'm 40yrs old and i can't remember a time when they actually looked so good and perky. I was a D cup before the surgery, a very droopy d cup, i am still a d cup, only now i have perky d's.
Anyone thinking of having this done, it is so worth it. As far as pain goes, i hardly had any, little aches and pains nothing that pain med couldn't take care of. Had no nausea whatsoever, dr spent 4hrs on my breast, i tell him he performed a miracle.

As for the tummy-tuck, i'm now scheduled for july 1, so i will give an update after that. I'm not too worry about the pain, since i have a pretty high tolerance for pain, it's just those drainage tubes that gross me out.....funny cus i work in the medical field, doesnt bother me with patients, but with myself, whole different story. But i do hear, that this is the most painful type of plastic surgery that one can have, so we'll see how i do, hopefully it will go as smooth as the BL.

As for cost each surgery was cost $8,300 for total of $16,500, that includes anesthesia, follow up appointments, everything.

My doctor is board certified, and as far as i'm concerned in my area the best. I was thinking of going out of town, somewhere cheap, but you know, your body is not the place you want to skimp money on.

Anyways, im so happy with my new tatas, and excited and can't wait till july 1st.

thanx all for your input and advice.
Wow! Yay you! Congrats on the good turnout of your surgery and that you are feeling pretty good. I totally cannot wait to hear about the tummy tuck, that's my dream surgery!! I'll stay posted!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top