Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:09 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,693,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
If you are showing any clevage whatsoever, then it's inappropriate attire in the workplace. A modifed scoop neck blouse or shirt will fit the bill.
I agree with that, however, since shoulder padded shirts and clothing went out of fashion, it has become much more difficult for women with narrow shoulders to find ANY top besides a turtleneck that won't eventually slip down and expose a crack (if I may be so explicit). Sorry Lord!

And if you do happen to buy a pair of pads at a fabric store, they usually don't fit the shoulder shape in the article of clothing you are trying to put them in, and you end up looking ridiculous!! Believe me, I know!!

P.S. And I clearly don't "measure up" (DD's) to Oobie's boobies either! This is a problem for the itty bitties also!! LOL!! (Just some comic relief folks. Sorry again, Lord, and sorry Oobie!! No disrespect intended).

Last edited by jadybug; 05-28-2008 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 03:35 PM

603 posts, read 2,353,834 times
Have you heard of the show "What not to Wear"? The British version is even better than the American one. Two women are the hosts; one is tall, thin, with no curves, and the other has more of an hourglass figure with a bigger chest. Go to their website and it gives GREAT suggestions for what to wear if you're larger chested. And no, the woman with the large chest is not plus-sized.

Have you been professionally fitted for a bra? Department stores and lingerie boutiques are very good at bra fitting.

You are obviously making a good effort to dress professionally. I would feel very frustrated if I were you. Don't hesitate to speak to a higher up about your situation. Start documenting the times when things were said to you in front of others. Be very clear that any comments made about dress should be done in private and you need specific details about what is wrong or you will file a formal sexual harassment complaint. I don't mean to bring you more worries but if you ever get pregnant (if you don't have children already) those girls will take a life of their own. Best to nip your co-workers' behavior in the bud right now.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:27 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,238,123 times
I don't know about you but I look awful in a dress or something with a belt. The whole top thing becomes much more acentuated and even matronly looking.

Most of the time I will wear a light jacket over whatever I've got on. This seems to balance things out without pointing them out. I also like twin sets, which are knit sleeveless tank tops with a matching light weight sweater over. I don't see how you could get complaints with either of these options.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:34 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,107,439 times
I don't think you mentioned your height, but would buying in the petite section help? I'm a bit on the short side and find that if I buy regular sized v or scoop necks, they show too much cleavage for a work setting (I also belong to the DD club).
However, if you feel that what you are wearing is appropriate and you aren't displaying too much cleavage, I would address it with the administration instead of buying a new wardrobe.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:20 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,472,621 times
As long as you are not exposing a lot of cleavage or your shirts are not too tight - I would write down details about the remarks and keep records because you might have to sue down the line.
Those ugly women you work with are just plain jealous!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:22 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,922,903 times
Years back I had a friend who was big chested. She was also a discrete person and did not like to show cleavage. Top were often, for her, either matronly or hookerish.
She got sore shoulders from carrying all that weight. Her bras, professionally fit, were also not comfortable. Her back was often sore at day's end. She tended to walk stoop shouldered because of it.

A doctor told her that, with the misery they were obviously causing in her life, he could recommend a bust reduction and her insurance would pay for it. I never knew if she did this or not.

She was a quiet, religious person and it was hard for her to see a positive side to her situation.

I remember when I was a kid. l used to climb trees and was a regular tomboy. It was such an encumbrance to have breasts. I kind of thought them useless appendages, and I grew into a scant 34B.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,333,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
useless appendages, a

I'm sorry but I beg to differ.Yeah Im a guy who preferes endowed women,so I may be biased.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:43 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,693,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Years back I had a friend who was big chested. She was also a discrete person and did not like to show cleavage. Top were often, for her, either matronly or hookerish.
She got sore shoulders from carrying all that weight. Her bras, professionally fit, were also not comfortable. Her back was often sore at day's end. She tended to walk stoop shouldered because of it.

A doctor told her that, with the misery they were obviously causing in her life, he could recommend a bust reduction and her insurance would pay for it. I never knew if she did this or not.

She was a quiet, religious person and it was hard for her to see a positive side to her situation.

I remember when I was a kid. l used to climb trees and was a regular tomboy. It was such an encumbrance to have breasts. I kind of thought them useless appendages, and I grew into a scant 34B.
34B scant? Maybe in clothing!!!! P.S. I'm a happily married female!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I'm sorry but I beg to differ.Yeah Im a guy who preferes endowed women,so I may be biased.
I was talking about my observations of my own body as a growing kid. The main purpose of boobs is not sexual. It is feeding babies. I really do not care what your opinion is of my boobs, as I presume you don't care what my opinion is about your body parts.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadybug View Post
34B scant? Maybe in clothing!!!! P.S. I'm a happily married female!
Well, scant, considering what the topic is here.
Sometimes more is not better.
Each of us has his own tolerance points of what might be crossing the line, but for each of us there is a point at which something attractive can be overdone and enter the land of the grotesque and perhaps unhealthy.

Body types are different(stupid statement on my part).
My husband and I used to bicycle. People who take this seriously and do it often seem to have 2 main bodily reactions: some will develop chunky leg muscles from all that peddling, and others seem to get lithe and streamlined. I wish I were the second type!

So, I guess what I am saying is that some frames can carry those extra appendages comfortably, and for others, that same bra size is an encumbrance.
I think Dolly Parton is a petite lady and - just my reaction - she just looks uncomfortable to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty