Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:00 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times

Advertisements

I'm so surprised by other's reactions to Nutrogena foam. Normally odors bother me soooo much and the tanners turn me orange. The Nutrogena had no odor and turned me a nice not orange shade. I wonder if there are different kinds? Mine is a citrus blend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
The neutragena foam is terrible. It does smell, and drys so quickly it is hard to get it even.

Self-tanners all basically suck. I have tried them all. They smell, make you orange, or worse make you stripped. I just don't understand why we have the technology to create computers the size of your hand, or put people in space, or I saw on 60min the other night we now have military futuristic laser guns, but we can't create a friggin self tanner that works. How complicated can it be?

After endless hours of applying almost every self tanner provided (including the tanning booths), I have now just decided to accept my blinding whiteness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 06:44 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Yes, I got busy/lazy today - didn't try it yet, but I bought their self-tanner in Cherry Blossom and Japanese Cherry Blossom -from the packing doesn't seem to smell so bad - I WILL try one tomorrow (it's past time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
There are several different companies that provide the booths. The one I used was Mystic Tan.

Just like all the other things, it is unreliable. Sometime it would look okay, and other times it wouldn't. It is also expensive. The spray is cold and the machine loud.

You said you are buying Cherry Blossom? Bath and Body works has self tanner now?
Y\

Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
I tried the Japanese Cherry Blossom scent today, didn't turn any color whatsoever, it doesn't smell like the usual self-tanners, but doesn't work either - It moisturizes and has a little "glow/sparkle whatever" - don't care for that either (like the moisture).

Bath & Body Works has had self tanners for yrs. - I kind of liked their previous version (the True Blue Spa) but now they only have it w/a bronzer, don't like that.

I wanted a little bit of color - back to the drawing board.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:44 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I'm so surprised by other's reactions to Nutrogena foam. Normally odors bother me soooo much and the tanners turn me orange. The Nutrogena had no odor and turned me a nice not orange shade. I wonder if there are different kinds? Mine is a citrus blend.
I know nothing, but can always offer an opinion. Talk is cheap.

I think the stripes are on people with drier skin. Maybe they should apply a small amount of skin lotion first. That would, hopefully, allow them to blend the tanner a bit before it dries.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM

perhaps and skin preperation is always important. I always,of course, shave and exfoliate then towel dry, add a touch of moisturizer-- and this is important for my skin type-- I always wait at least 20-30 minutes after I'm out of the shower before applying the self-tanner. Give the body temp time to adjust from the heat of the shower.
I dunno..like I said it works for me. I used it again last night. Great results again. I find the Nutrogena lasts over a week too, through showering every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I know nothing, but can always offer an opinion. Talk is cheap.

I think the stripes are on people with drier skin. Maybe they should apply a small amount of skin lotion first. That would, hopefully, allow them to blend the tanner a bit before it dries.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think you are right about this. I've really noticed it being a problem when I put it on my face. I think I'm going to try a gradual tanner and hope I don't end up orange!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
I think the original product was, years back, 'ManTan'.
I thought that soaked into skin layers and had to grow
out like an actual tan.
Of course, it left you orange.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
I haven't used any for a couple years, but when I did I used Loreal. It always looks better if you get some sun before you apply it. Loreal also made a body exfoliant that i used before I applied the tanner. It worked sooo good. But of course I can't find it anywhere now.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 PM

Default legs only ok?

I'm really only interested in using the self tanner on my legs; but wonder if others think that looks odd?
I use a product made just for my face that gives it just a hint of tan but that leaves my arms,stomach, back,etc not tanned. Do others only use tanners on the legs? I really do not want to get into the all over thing---too much work, too expensive to buy that much and well I'm just too lazy.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
I think it might look a bit odd, especially if your legs are darker than your arms if they are going to be bare also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty