U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 AM

206 posts, read 622,430 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me what you consider the best workout gear or your favorite gear and why.

I am trying to stay motivated to exercise more. I used to do it a lot as I was a collegiate athlete. Years later with a family & a mortgage, I am out of the loop. However, I have started again and I hate the big t-shirts & baggy shorts I am wearing. To me they are cumbersome to workout in.

I remember I used to love to exercise in certain clothes as it was comfortable but flattering. I don't remember the brands. So I wanted suggestions for great workout gear....

By the way, does anyone watch the sitcom workout? I wish I had a gym like that near me. It seems like a place you would want to hang out at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM

31,369 posts, read 57,602,181 times
I don't like baggy clothing either -- it gets in my way. I wear capris and wicking T-shirts.

Moving Comfort is a good brand; it's expensive but you get your money's worth. Activa and Marika are more affordable, but still good.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 AM

14,396 posts, read 20,695,107 times
Target carries Champion products now which are very cute and inexpensive. I have found they hold up much better than some of the expensive brands I have purchased!!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:23 PM

4,541 posts, read 9,528,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Target carries Champion products now which are very cute and inexpensive. I have found they hold up much better than some of the expensive brands I have purchased!!
I am a runner - I guess depending on what type of workout you do, might determine what's comfortable.
I wear the Champion from Target but also have some Nike stuff I love.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:15 PM

37 posts, read 111,100 times
I agree that is depends on what you are doing for exercise for what you may be wearing. For yoga, I where stretchy pants that are slightly flared at the bottom, long tank tops with a slight flare but fitted in the bust always with a sports bra making thin tank straps a non issue (plus a sweater). For biking, I prefer baggy knee length shorts and a tank top with a zip up hoody. Skiing...well I'll wait for winter fashion to be in season. Brands I'm not to sure on...I just don't like the cheap clothing in Walmart (doesn't seem to hold up to washing). For workout pants I have two favorites, one is Nike and the other is Jockey.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,711,161 times
Since, I have big boobs-- I can't do without Enell or Natori sport bras. Most bras just do not hold me, but these makers keep the girls behaving nicely. Any bottom will do, once the girls are held down.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 PM

324 posts, read 674,245 times
I like the new trend of running skirts- basically workout skirts with shorts built in. I think they are much more flattering than the baggy workout clothes and the super tight spandex. Someone mentioned the Champion products from Target- they are good and make the running skirts too!

Old 06-12-2008, 07:26 AM

9,727 posts, read 3,454,546 times
Nike brand is comfortable, good fit.
I wear the shorts with a tank top over a sports bra.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,820,336 times
I prefer Nike Drifit as it is best with intense workouts (= intense sweat) I purchase the bra top tank tops, and then wear another sports bra underneath.

Also, some Adidas. I wear Avia for running shoes, I have metal in my left leg, and get shin splints and other pains, but with these they are better than Nike Shox and I can run without too much discomfort.

The more expensive brands obviously cost more, but in then end they last far longer, which is better overall IMO. Good luck getting back into it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty