Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 07:18 PM

12,528 posts, read 17,439,681 times

Advertisements

My wife is in the biz after 25 years of hospital medicine. She is very "stingy" with Botox when it comes to younger women. Sadly, some girls turning 16 get treatments for their birthday. And some women like to go overboard with it and if my wife won't give them more they find someone else. I've had it injected into my eyebrows, otherwise I would look like one of those old dogs you see on the front porch. Really makes a difference with my vision.

If you have the right injector, it shouldn't be noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 11:01 AM

20,683 posts, read 19,804,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
My wife is in the biz after 25 years of hospital medicine. She is very "stingy" with Botox when it comes to younger women. Sadly, some girls turning 16 get treatments for their birthday. And some women like to go overboard with it and if my wife won't give them more they find someone else. I've had it injected into my eyebrows, otherwise I would look like one of those old dogs you see on the front porch. Really makes a difference with my vision.

it lifts up your eyelids/brows that much?

Old 02-26-2023, 11:02 AM

10,950 posts, read 6,687,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
I struggle with the 2 vertical lines that form above the nose and between the eyebrows...commonly called
the 11's.

They are evident in my resting facial expression, and I believe they affect the way people perceive me. People think I'm angry, tired, sad, or worried, even when I feel perfectly fine and I'm well-rested.

I've read that it's one of the most common Botox procedures. I feel ready to take that step because even when I smile, my face is communicating something entirely different.

https://facial-injections.com/wp-con...-1-300x297.jpg
This is why I wear bangs (fringe for you UK folks) and have for many, many years.

I can still recall when I was a pre-teen 60 years ago an older lady approaching me in the library, telling me not to squint because i was going to get those lines. I needed glasses but it's difficult to break the habit of squinting. When one has an expressive face it's one of the things that happens. Well, that lady was right.

Let us know how the Botox goes if you do it. I've been considering it for years.

I will say that I look better with bangs anyhow, regardless of the 11 lines. But being in the wind where it blows them back is always a concern because those frown lines are exposed. And yes, they do make you look mad, or hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post

Does the Botox really help with the droopy eyelid? Mine has always been there,getting worse with age.

My dad had a minor surgery to lift one of his eyelids when he was about 98 years old. It really helped with his vision. I wonder why they didn't do Botox.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:16 AM

4,593 posts, read 3,243,967 times
I don't think Botox would help with droopy eyelids. Botox paralyzes muscles, and the eyelid is drooping because of excess skin. They do a blepheropathy (right spelling? not sure) for that and it's a pretty normal thing for older people.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:47 AM

I've had a mild case all my life, but now that I'm in my 70's I wonder if insurance would actually pay for it. It's still not as bad as my father's was when he got it at, I think it was, age 97-98.

Old 02-27-2023, 09:24 AM

4,593 posts, read 3,243,967 times
Blepheroplasty - I looked up the spelling. Insurance will pay if the eyelid is drooping so that it impairs vision to the periphery and top of the vision field.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:12 PM

Botox works on my brows, go for a consultation and see what they can do. Trust me, I'm the BEFORE model for Botox. That's the only thing I'll let my wife do to my face. I still don't tell the guys!

Old 02-28-2023, 06:13 AM

That's awesome!

Old 02-28-2023, 11:49 PM

Botox brow lift is a procedure when you give a temporary lift to the eyebrows through strategic use of a neurotoxin," explains dermatologist Joshua Zeichner, MD. By using the injectable to relax the muscles that drag the brows down, the upward-pulling muscle of the forehead can do its thing unchecked. "This will cause a physical lift of the brows for as long as the toxin remains active, usually between three and five months," says Dr. Zeichner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty