Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:33 AM

1 posts, read 369 times

Advertisements

I had full cosmetic surgery about 15 years ago when I was about 49 years old. It is just now beginning to really show saging again. I have been surprised at how long it has held. I think it is because of how young I was, how tight my skin was at that time, and how very tight the surgeon pulled my face.

There were plenty of terrible scars. They are still there but not as obvious. The ones that bothered me (then and now) the most were around the eyes. My crows feet are really scars.

But it did prevent me from showing the baggy eyes, neck jowl, fallen fore head and eyes, and other signs of aging that were starting to show at that time. No it was not perfect. Stitches came undone within a couple months in the forehead. The surgeon even forgot to remove a couple metal staples that I found within the two weeks afterward. I have pics of every area from day one - months after as the areas healed. I selected a surgeon that had done the surgery and was suppose to be good. I do feel that my cosmetic surgery held up for a very long time but it is starting to fade at age 63 years.

What I noticed is that every time anyone goes to the surgeons office for a consult gathering info when considering any type of cosmetic surgery, there is someone that walks out and tells the consumer that they just had it done. The surgeon tells males he just had the lipo. It is amazing at how many surgeries any one staff member has had last month repeatly.

Will I do this again? Yes,, I am considering it again if I can figure out how to pay the bill.
Why? Because I feel like I need to do this one last time before I become any older.
Am I hesitating? Yes, because I don't believe anesthesia is good for the brain and I fear dementia. I feel like I am forgetting now and that anesthesia will progress this.
Will I get the same surgeon or practice? Probably, because there are no other local options.
Why don't I consider injections by a dermatologists or the Life-Style-Lift? Because I want to do a "one time job" that last longer times. I do not want to continuously go back and continuously spend $1000s that would only last a few months each time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty