U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM

409 posts, read 2,487,871 times

Advertisements

I keep seeing it on tv and since it takes an hour I suppose they stick needles into you instead of anesthesia. ugh. I heard it is expensive and only lasts two years, is that fact??? I have sagging issues in my chin and neck. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 AM

324 posts, read 670,774 times
I haven't had one, but I have heard of this. I hear it is becoming more and more popular. I recently read an article in More Magazine about Botox and how it is so common, yet people are reluctant to admit that they have gotten it. The article said over 4.3 million people had Botox last year.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,763,548 times
I would like to read up on the pros and cons of this method. Old age tends to scream for tips in any way we can get it, lol.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,713,147 times
It's still a "facelift" with cutting! If you read the very fine print on the ads (they are only on the screen for a second or two) you'll see that most of the "models" have had more than 1 procedure to make them look so "improved"!

Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 PM

409 posts, read 2,487,871 times
I "heard" it starts at 3800 and goes from there. I also heard it's tons of shots to numb. Forget that, I'd rather be put out. Also that it last only 2 years but the woman at the place said that's nonsense. {of course she did}

Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 AM

21 posts, read 154,849 times
Default Lifestyle Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
I "heard" it starts at 3800 and goes from there. I also heard it's tons of shots to numb. Forget that, I'd rather be put out. Also that it last only 2 years but the woman at the place said that's nonsense. {of course she did}

Of course that's nonsense, because it only lasts til the swelling goes down... There supposedly are a few happy campers, but I heard they work for LSL. Instead of doing what their ads say, they create scars& horrible scars. I always thought that Plastic surgeons fixed scars, not create them! NAD & The BBB has asked them to stop their misleading ads, offering things that don't happen. The founder only said 'I'll think about it". It's big business all over the US, not all doctors are plastic surgeons as the ads said when I had mine done& they are , to me, very disorganized & tip top meat market liars who scam to get your money or deposit that's never returned as they say. They hail it as a 'go back to work the following day' , which is impossible. Heck, you can't bring a phone up to your ear for weeks. You can't open your jaw correctly for days to eat. These are my opinions & others from another site . They love to sue for allowing us to discuss our problems they created, so be careful City-Data.. Anyone can email me if they like to hear my horrible experience or some 30 others I met- about their experiences. There are some good docs, some not good. It's like playing Russian Roulette. Be careful, do your homework on the dr's you are considering, call the ABPS& The AMA & the state medical boards to check out your doctors..
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone tried lifestyle lift?-mom-003.jpg  

Old 01-20-2009, 01:38 AM

This is the scars created behind my left ear. My earlobe was also sewn to my face. I have permanent stitches protruding down the ear from bumps& didn't know they'd even cut me there. It was supposed to be a small incision in the ear, along the fold, never to be sean once healed. As you can see& notice I only wear my hair down now, never up or back. If the wind is blowing & I am out, I pray nobody sees my scars. The founder was interviewed a few years back on NBC10 Philly as saying it was a small incision in the ear. It's a matter of record. He also stated on their website 'we hire only the BEST of the BEST plastic surgeons'. Mine wasn't& looked me in the eyes & said he was, as did the techs, consultant and the receptionists. To top that off LSL sued the news station for an interview they granted. Go figure.. Be your own judge. As ugly as my scars are, I know many that look 10X worse!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 AM

Default Lsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
I keep seeing it on tv and since it takes an hour I suppose they stick needles into you instead of anesthesia. ugh. I heard it is expensive and only lasts two years, is that fact??? I have sagging issues in my chin and neck. Any suggestions???
It lasts approx 6 mos. Chk you dr AMA, ABPS,BBB.your medical licensing bureau. It's all for the public. Just have your dr name ready.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,227 times
Has this Life Style Lift company ever been involved in a law suit?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:47 AM

84 posts, read 86,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I haven't had one, but I have heard of this. I hear it is becoming more and more popular. I recently read an article in More Magazine about Botox and how it is so common, yet people are reluctant to admit that they have gotten it. The article said over 4.3 million people had Botox last year.
I have heard about Botox but never used it. Some of the celebs do botox for hiding their aging effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty