Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
I have some of the "invisible" clear straps, which can be attached to certain bras.
I encountered 2 major problem with them though:

1. They are so elastic...."rubbery latex", that they seem to get longer and stretch out over time.
2. I blister up from them (I guess, I am sensitive to the latex/ rubber components in them!)

I have the same dilemma (Cup size "D") finding a COMFORTABLE strapless bra, and discovered, even if they claim, that they don't "slip and slide" or move....well, they do! (Even having the rubbery backing on them to supposedly "stay put".)

If you happen to come across one which "fits the bill" and passes the test....let me know!
I wondered how the straps would hold up. I would also think they could get itchy and slippery in the heat too, but I may try them out just to wear my cute dress out to dinner one evening with hopefully no mishaps! I'm willing to suffer a bit for fashion.
I found a convertible bra on the VS website so I'm going to check it out at the store this weekend. Victoria's Secret - Infinity Edge™ convertible push-up bra with Gel-Curve™ Thankfully the pads are removable, but there isn't a strapless option. I'm going to give the Walmart bra a shot because it's super inexpensive. I'll remport back with results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 02:18 PM

77 posts, read 283,076 times
I love the bras at Lane Bryant. There clothes are to big for me but I am a DD and but all my bras including a strapless bra there and love them.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:47 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
Default I love my Natural Bra

Nubra - Natural Bra vs NuBra Strapless Bras

it is awesome. Feels and looks great.

Attachment 21080

Last edited by Élan vital; 11-07-2009 at 10:49 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 06:58 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,043 times
I hate to be a downer but I, too, am a 38 DD and have NEVER gotten a strapless bra to work for me.

I second (or third?) the corset suggestion. That's the only thing that has ever worked for me. Lovely perkiness.

I have managed halter dresses with a halter/convertible bra but having the DD's I get a neck/backache very quickly even though I love the halter look.

I love Lane Bryant's bras too but stil havent' found a strapless to work for me. I haven't tried the see-thru straps but it seems like that'd be your best bet as a well-endowed woman?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:53 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
"I'm a girl, and by me that's only great!
I am proud that my silhouette is curvy,
That I walk with a sweet and girlish gait
With my hips kind of swivelly and swervy.

I adore being dressed in something frilly
When my date comes to get me at my place.
Out I go with my Joe or John or Billy,
Like a filly who is ready for the race!

When I have a brand new hairdo
With my eyelashes all in curl,
I float as the clouds on air do,
I enjoy being a girl!

When men say I'm cute and funny
And my teeth aren't teeth, but pearl,
I just lap it up like honey
I enjoy being a girl!"
Have you had a serious talk with your
mommy about this problem?

Old 06-08-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I hate to be a downer but I, too, am a 38 DD and have NEVER gotten a strapless bra to work for me.

I second (or third?) the corset suggestion. That's the only thing that has ever worked for me. Lovely perkiness.

I have managed halter dresses with a halter/convertible bra but having the DD's I get a neck/backache very quickly even though I love the halter look.

I love Lane Bryant's bras too but stil havent' found a strapless to work for me. I haven't tried the see-thru straps but it seems like that'd be your best bet as a well-endowed woman?
Fredericks has the regular see through straps and thicker ones as well. I would think the thicker would give more support without stretching as much, but maybe the heat of the body is too much for the laytex.

There are some bras out there that are expensive, but I don't know how they would engineer a bra to support a heavy chest by just that little band around the body, and especially when the body is a sort of reverse cone shape, no matter how much money you throw at it.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:20 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Have you had a serious talk with your
mommy about this problem?
These are the lyrics of a song from Flower Drum Song. I thought it was a fitting response to the post that said that being female was a pain. The girl in the play who sings this song is the epitome of 'high maintenance'.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
These are the lyrics of a song from Flower Drum Song. I thought it was a fitting response to the post that said that being female was a pain. The girl in the play who sings this song is the epitome of 'high maintenance'.
Sorry. It was a good response. It gave me a flashback to the horrors of my mother's day, when a woman's chief responsibility was to trick a naive boy into marrying and supporting her all her life and live happily ever after.

Then the blessed pill came along to free many people from being chained to each other for life just because they had biological urges.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:19 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
I'm a fan of the old-school way of doing things. I don't find them quite so horrible. I actually like the idea of a man taking care of me and making the home nice for him...I wish that was my ONLY job...that and taking care of our kids. Alas, alack..

Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I'm a fan of the old-school way of doing things. I don't find them quite so horrible. I actually like the idea of a man taking care of me and making the home nice for him...I wish that was my ONLY job...that and taking care of our kids. Alas, alack..
To each his own. You probably came from one of those rare, functional families.

I took one look at my parents' relationship, and knew that the probabilities were that I would end up just like them.

I got a job and went to college nights and really struggled to make a good life for myself. Worked overtime, got promotions, changed jobs. I am very fortunate that all my hard work paid off.

The person who makes the money often becomes the boss of the household. Just as they say, a beneficent dictator is the best government, perhaps a marriage will be happy if the man is not a control freak and consults with and listens to his wife. But such a thing is very hard to get and the majority of women who have a man supporting them often lose their brains and will power or end up in a divorce or worse.

It took a very long time to find a guy who did not have ego problems and is happy with himself and does not require that I be quiet and adoring or follow his lead in things, but we respect each other and have an equal partnership and are happy. We also have similar educations and bring equal assets to the relationship and have no kids.

I tried the 'girly' thing with him and he told me he likes me as I am, no acts. My brain, opinions, he loves the things I love. Gee, I am so lucky. There are not many guys who would suit me. I had decided, a long time ago, to have fun with my friends and not marry. Then, I met him in a book store and he invited me to a philosophy lecture and discusion group. Heaven!

I think the things we cherish in each other are unique to us and not replacable by someone outside of the relationship. Knock on wood, we are secure.

But I never had to give up a part of myself for him, neither did he for me. So, I suppose being true to me, and not the frilly, conforming girl my parents might have preferred, worked for me.

No, we are not traditional at all, but neither would we choose that. We are simply 'us' and have found our own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty