U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 PM

1,682 posts, read 5,807,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Or any of you women who dont wear pantyhose over 50? I bet you are young - wait till you get older -- no matter how great they look now and no matter how much you exercise your legs will look not as good
Yep....over 50 and haven't worn pantyhose in more years than I can remember. Neither does any one else I know in Florida anymore. Heck, my husbands 79 year old mother doesn't even wear them anymore. She wears long skirts and knee hi hose to church on Sunday so she won't have to go with bare legs, but hasn't done pantyhose for years.

A little self tanner takes care of all the little signs of aging, long walks and swimming help keep the legs trim and the muscles toned.

Pantyhose has gone the way of the girdle in my circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 08:13 AM

8,424 posts, read 23,816,986 times
I will always wear some sort of hose. I love them. I think people that dont like them havent really searched for decent ones. Cheap ones are total crap in texture/wear/color. I would rather slip into silk and smear my legs with dye.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,211,814 times
mmmmmm.........me too pitt; love em. I buy a really good quality I suppose because some of the postings here make me wonder what type these ladies have been buying. Mine are thin,not shiny, look natural and hug my legs like a second skin. I buy the toe-less ones for summer-they are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I will always wear some sort of hose. I love them. I think people that dont like them havent really searched for decent ones. Cheap ones are total crap in texture/wear/color. I would rather slip into silk and smear my legs with dye.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:43 PM

8,424 posts, read 23,816,986 times
I like this site a lot:

Stockings HQ: stockings shop, chat, discussion and more - fully fashioned stockings direct to your door at low SHQ prices, UK and worldwide (http://www.stockingshq.com/index.htm - broken link)

Just had to share since you say you love them.

There are so many different types on there.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:06 PM

2,507 posts, read 4,761,997 times
Wow - all those older people in FLA must have great legs! - they sure dont where I live

Old 07-12-2008, 11:07 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,211,814 times
LMAO most women should probably give serious thoughts to looking for the right kind of hose. Doesn't have to be pantyhose either. There are various types of hose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Wow - all those older people in FLA must have great legs! - they sure dont where I live

Old 07-13-2008, 03:45 PM

17,680 posts, read 16,471,565 times
The best kind of hose are the ones on the floor by the bed.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:39 PM

2,790 posts, read 3,983,242 times
Oh, this is a question that has bothered me for some time. I cannot bear to wear shoes without socks or stockings of some type. Usually I wear slacks, but there are occasions where I feel a dress is more appropriate. So if pantyhose are out, what are the alternatives?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:40 PM

2,790 posts, read 3,983,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The best kind of hose are the ones on the floor by the bed.
Spoken like a true romantic!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 PM

75 posts, read 257,699 times
You would be surprised. Most gays do not wear pantyhose. Mostly the Ru Paul types. You need to check out the Delphi Forums. There is one, Legwear as a Unisex fashion. There are many men that wear pantyhose/stockings everyday or on a regular basis.
I stand for 10 hours a day, building aircraft components in a fixture. Not much walking. I wear everyday. I also wear when not at work. I find them comfortable and not confining.
Most of the ladies would not think about leaving the house without make-up. Hose are just make-up for the legs. I think they finish off the look of a well dressed woman.
There are several manufacturers of legwear for men. Comfilon/Activskins and Gerbe are just a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty