Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 PM

75 posts, read 142,208 times

Advertisements

I've noticed lately that, because I'm wearing more mascara than usual and have to rub hard to remove my eye makeup, more of my eyelashes seem to be falling out. How do I keep them strong and healthy? Don't tell me not to wear mascara anymore, though .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 02:13 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Get a better eye make up remover.

I swear by Boots No 7 Cleanse and Care Eye Make Up Remover. It's hypo-allergenic and will remove even waterproof mascara without the need to rub or pull at your lashes. It is very gentle on your eye area too.

I'd never tell you NOT to wear mascara but have you considered getting one that is not as difficult to remove?

I use Max Factor 2000 calorie both the waterproof and the normal. I find they both stay on very well, are easily applied and they make my light coloured and fine eyelashes long and dark. They are also both very easy to remove with Boots.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:56 AM

394 posts, read 1,506,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubalu View Post
I've noticed lately that, because I'm wearing more mascara than usual and have to rub hard to remove my eye makeup, more of my eyelashes seem to be falling out. How do I keep them strong and healthy? Don't tell me not to wear mascara anymore, though .
I would definitely look at changing the brand of mascara you use. Are you using waterproof? Very hard to remove that one. Plus is you have to rub hard to remove your eye make up you are damaging the sensitive area around your eyes....which ultimately leads to more wrinkles! Just food for thought.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:29 AM

602 posts, read 1,962,109 times
I use Maybelline Great Lash (non-waterproof) and it comes off easily with baby wipes. I've also noticed that my lashes have gotten a lot longer and nicer since I started using AHA and Retinol (not together) all over my entire face. It sounds absurd, but lashes and brows seem to respond to that stuff.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:50 AM

Thank you guys. I actually love the Mascara I use, I don't want to change that. Maybe I should change my makeup remover, I only use face wipes to remove it all and not only does it sting my eyes really bad but it removes a lot of my eyelashes! I'll look into the ones you guys mentioned. Flourchild, I don't know what AHA and Retinol is but I'll definately look into it too, thanks.

I was expecting responses that would mention remedies that work especially on eyelashes, for example olive oil? I've read that it's good for your eyelashes but I don't know how this works, do I rub it on every night or something? Anybody know of other remedies? I don't intend on changing the mascara as it works great and that's not the problem, I want something that will make my lashes stronger and something that will stimilute their growth.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 PM

324 posts, read 883,063 times
I've noticed that after a week of being at my lake house without wearing make-up that my eyelashes seem a little stronger. Sometimes you just need a little break.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 PM

617 posts, read 2,072,531 times
I swear by Extra Virgin Olive Oil to remove mascara. I started using it for that purpose when I noticed a bald spot on my left eye. It took several months, almost a year I think, but the lashes finally came back. I'll never use anything else to remove my mascara.

Oh, and for the record, EVOO also works great on diaper rash and razor burn.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
I swear by Extra Virgin Olive Oil to remove mascara. I started using it for that purpose when I noticed a bald spot on my left eye. It took several months, almost a year I think, but the lashes finally came back. I'll never use anything else to remove my mascara.

Oh, and for the record, EVOO also works great on diaper rash and razor burn.
Thanks! I'll try that! Does it sting the eyes, though?

Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubalu View Post
Thanks! I'll try that! Does it sting the eyes, though?
Not at all.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 AM

602 posts, read 1,962,109 times
Olive oil won't sting, but your vision may be blurry for a few minutes, if you get even a tiny amount in your eye. It's not harmful, just frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty